Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ky. basketball or Ohio ?

Featured Replies

Our top teams vs Ohio's ?

 

 

Keep it clean !

 

:fight:

Would be fun if there was an Ohio/Kentucky challenge as a Christmas tournament or a series of showcase games.

 

Take the pre-season top 10 from each state and match them up. That would be fun to watch.

  • Author
Would be fun if there was an Ohio/Kentucky challenge as a Christmas tournament or a series of showcase games.

 

Take the pre-season top 10 from each state and match them up. That would be fun to watch.

 

Good idea :jump:

 

That would be a packed house !

I have always thought Kentucky basketball was better than Ohio, but Ohio has so much more population and schools, that the individual talent that Ohio has produced through the years is better.

 

I think Kentucky is a much more knowledgable basketball state and has better coaching than their neighbor to the north.

I'm not sure about more knowledgeable, definitely more passionate, but I agree it would be fun to see. There is no question that some businesses should get together around Maysville and put something on between some of the area schools vs. Brown and Adams County schools in Ohio. It would be huge!

Definitely more passionate and, trust me, more knowledgable as a whole.

Kentucky is the graceland for highschool & college basketball. If any two states go at it, it should be Kentucky vs Indiana. No one is more passionate

  • Author
Kentucky is the graceland for highschool & college basketball. If any two states go at it, it should be Kentucky vs Indiana. No one is more passionate

 

Comments on another thread led me to put Ky. vs. Ohio.............

 

Its better to have its own discussion.

Coaching is a lot better in Kentucky than Ohio. Talent is better in Ohio than Kentucky.

The best way to compare this might be to play by class like Ohio does anyway. Example NCC Vs. NCH same size schools good comparison. Who would CovCath, Highlands, Holmes meet up with and how would they compare?

Coaching is a lot better in Kentucky than Ohio. Talent is better in Ohio than Kentucky.

 

I would agree with that. Many Div I players at the Ohio State tourney last year. From what I have seen I would agree that coaching as a whole is better in KY. Kids play harder and are more disciplined. Of the big schools that were named however, St. X, Moeller, Walnut Hills would blow those teams off the court. The GCL in Cincy is one of the best h.s. athletic conferences in the country.

would have to agree with you on the GCL. Kentucky just doesn't have the athletic players that Ohio does.

I would have to disagree!! I have coached in both states! Ohio is superior in both coaching and players. Especially players. I know, I know they have a larger population but look at the small schools at the top of each state and compare them. Oh and this notion that Kentucky is the Meca of College basketball is over!!! It just isn't true any more. I am sorry but it's time to face the facts. I think that high school football is improving while high school basketball is declining. Just my opinion take it for what it's worth.

 

Now as far as passion I totally agree KY hoops fans are passionate about their roundball. I loved the passion, that was in every gym I stepped into while I was coaching in KY. Just remember what goes up must come down and what goes down must go up.

You're completely wrong about coaching being superior in Ohio. No team in Ohio has a chance without good athletes to win state. In Kentucky, the best coached team always has a shot.

does the Ohio Ky all star game at Thomas More help answer the question? Hasn't Ohio knocked the heck out of Ky several years in row???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.