Everything posted by joejoe08
-
Simon Kenton 42 Russell 41
that certainly makes the 2 and 1/2 hour bus ride home alot nicer. Congrats Coach Marksberry!
-
Holmes/Campbell Co. predictions
Holmes stays undefeated at home and scores 33 for a third straight time at home... Holmes 33, Campbell 17
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
Very true nees. There were many times that last year's Holmes team would have completely lost it or at the very least showed poor sportsmanship. A couple plays come to mind... --Palmer's sick 50 yard catch and run.....no ocho cinco type celebration or even a word to a Dixie defender.....just handed the ball to the ref like he'd been there before (which he has many times ;-) --Molony's TD in the 4th on 4th and goal....A couple Holmes defensive linemen thought they had held, but they did not jump on the ref's at all. They showed composure even with what could have been a controversial call. These Bulldogs seem to be very respectful young men. Which again, points to discipline.
-
Holmes 33 Dixie Heights 20
Well, you should be. Lickert won me over early... I covered the Holmes-HC game two years straight now and I can tell you that the Holmes sideline from one year to the next is night and day. Last year players had their helmets off, jerseys untucked, sitting on the bench, yelling at each other, yelling at the refs... Basically no discipline was in place. Then I cover the game this year and I see a bunch of young men standing up, helmets on, being positive, picking each other up, etc... Discipline is a key ingredient of good coaching and you could tell Lickert had full control of his team. You have to start somewhere and discipline is as good of a place as any. Not only will Lickert's young men be better football players with his teaching, they will be better people as well. Isn't that what its all about anyway?!?! Sit back and enjoy the ride because Holmes is very lucky to have Coach Lickert on campus.
-
Yeagle out at Lloyd!
I'm very sorry to hear this. Good luck Coach Yeagle!
-
Simon Kenton/Boone County Predictions
I covered that game... I believe SK had a 10-14 point lead early and even led at halftime. I do remember a couple solid pass plays by BC being a big difference....and eventually Farris took over.
-
NKY Football Mid-Season in Review
1. Simon Kenton 2. Holmes 3. Noel Rash 4. Dayton vs. Holmes 5. Highlands 6. Highlands 7. Dixie 8. Clay Cecil 9. Highlands
-
Would you define this as a problem for Highlands?
Ummm... Anytime you fumble, its a problem. A very correctable problem, but definitely a problem.
-
Kickers This Year
Bathiany and Mitchell Jett are the two best that I have seen this season.
-
Simon Kenton 18 Ryle 10
I know many people that would be on your side of this argument. I don't personally have an opinion, but I know many who don't believe in Warner's coaching abilities.
-
Highlands 44 Dixie 14
I know what quarter it was....It was midway thru the third quarter just after Clay punched in the touchdown run....after Bricking's INT to Crothers. I was merely pointing out that Highlands had the wind in the 4th if the onside kick didn't go their way. Dixie's only shot was in the 3rd with the wind.....the deep passing game didn't have a chance in the 4th quarter. It was worth a try with a big lead... To put the game away. Like I said before though, calling it genius was giving way too much credit
-
Highlands 44 Dixie 14
Don't have any Dixie stats, but I do have some Bluebirds' stats... Josh Conner 17 carries, 141 yards, TD 1-1 passing for a 77 yard TD 3 receptions for 23 yards Zach Hurtt 8 carries, 102 yards, 2 TDs Clay Cecil 7 carries, 61 yards, TD passing yards ??? 1 TD to Trey Jurgens
-
Highlands 44 Dixie 14
That FG was with the wind.....a very strong wind I might add. But a great kick, nonetheless. I still have no idea what Spritzky had them doing on D. To let a guy get over top with 16 seconds left in the first half is rediculous. O'Brien had at least 5 yards on the closest Dixie db. I still think...I still know Highlands wins this game if it didn't happen....but it was a huge momentum booster going into the locker room.
-
Highlands 44 Dixie 14
C'mon bro... Its not too tough of a decision when you have a 24-7 lead and a gusting wind at your back in the 4th quarter. It was a solid call, but genius??? I don't think so man.
-
Mike Yeagle to take a leave of absence
Good luck Coach Yeagle! We hope to see you back on the field very soon.
-
Highlands vs. Dixie predictions
I think Dixie will hang tough for the first half, but Highlands will run away with this one in the second half...42-23.