Everything posted by joejoe08
-
Scott 61 Cooper 52
Final per KHSAA. Looks like Cooper competes again for the second night in a row. Any details?
-
Cooper 39 Covington Catholic 38 (Frosh)
Maniacci does not start varsity. He did start one game when the Jags were limited with two of there starters out vs Holmes. I think Coach Sullivan wanted to "throw him to the dogs" to get his young talented big man to experience playing against the best! I think he experienced this in full as Pittman posterized him on a fast break! Maniacci probably averages at best about 5 or 6 minutes a game at the varsity level.
-
Cooper 64 Deming 54
After winning Monday night, the Jaguars get back to back wins as they defeat Deming tonight 64-54. :ylsuper: Anyone with details?
-
Cooper 52 Carroll County 49
According to the paper it looks like Bradley had a good night with 22 points. Heard he had a big time block late in regulation!
-
Cooper 52 Carroll County 49
Final per the KHSAA website. The Jaguars get a much deserved win on the road as they get their 3rd win of the season 52-49. :banana:
-
Raceland tourney
Being from NKY I would wonder about moving the tourney back to Wednesday with the Holidays. A lot of the families probably already have plans of traveling on Wednesday. That is the only problem I see. Cooper is going to have a hard time with any accumulation traveling down the AA Highway.
-
Year in review
Per the KHSAA website D'Vontae Bradley of Cooper High School rushed for 1608 yards scoring 17 tds in 9 games. 178 yds a game is pretty impressive!!:thumb:
-
Volleyball: 9th Region Semis
Scott....balloons???? What does that mean KyTmcNcc?
-
Campbell Co vs NDA V-ball
That's awesome for Campbell Co! Have they ever beaten NDA before? Even if it is only one game?
-
Cake Classic V-ball Tourney
I think some teams did drop out. There were only 8 teams total. Tates Creek did not play. I think they thought they were in it, but with the change in coaches this year, the new coach was unaware of them being in it. I think it was just a lot of miscommunication. Southwestern plays great defense. Not very big but very aggressive. I think they have a nice team every year. North Oldham was also in it. They have a couple big hitters but lacked on the defensive end. I still have not seen scores on the KHSAA website. I guess we'll have to wait and see if/when coaches call them in.
-
Cake Classic V-ball Tourney
Scott rolled in finals over SK 25-15, 25-19 to take the Cake Classic! Way to go Eagles!
-
Scott September Slam
I agree, NDA has all strictly volleyball players while Scott has athletes who play other sports and are not playing volleyball year round so they definitely have an advantage. Hopefully it will be a good match though. I'm excited to see how Scott comes out. They have nothing to lose.
-
Scott September Slam
Scott won its own tournament improving their record to 17-2 beating SK in the finals after losing the first game. SK beat Tates Creek in the previous match who is one of the only two losses Scott has had so far this season. The Eagles played well and showed their toughness coming from behind in the final match. I'll be anxious to see how they do Thursday against Notre Dame when they have to go there to play. Hopefully Scott will keep it close and possibly pull off a huge upset. http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20090905/SPT0302/909060366/
-
Sad state of the Covington school systems.
Holmes Superintendent put out a letter asking for donations. The bottom of the letter says: " All checks should be made payable to the 'Tom Ellis Foundation.' Send checks to CIPS, attn: Sherry Boone, 25 E. 7th Street, Covington, Kentucky 41011"
-
Holmes/Central Predictions
Holmes by 20. With the "business-type" approach, I look for the Bulldogs to take out the frustrations of the '78 and '90 dawgs on Central. Thanks to the coaching staff and Dicky Beil, these players know how much this means to past Bulldogs... They will bring one home to the COV tonight in spectacular fassion. Holmes 72, Central 48
-
Holmes 67 Elliott County 57
Great game all around by Holmes. I thought Henley said it best when stated that "Holmes had a business-like approach" to this tournament. Bulldogs want to make history and I believe they will around 9pm tonight.
-
Holmes v Lexcath Predictions (Elite 8)
No offense bro, but I think you are hoping this will happen. If you gave an honest assessment, I'd bet you would say Holmes wins this game. I understand and I don't blame you. I do the same thing when UK is in the NCAAs because they typically need things to fall their way to get to a Final Four or win a championship. With Holmes this year, I don't have those worries. I actually want them to play all the best teams because that will make it even sweeter when they cut down the nets. I totally agree with the member earlier who said that Christian County's press was tougher than LexCath's. Holmes beat a really good team today. They will take care of business in this matchup and go on to a legendary Saturday morning. I just wish this Ellliott County team came along in a different year, cuz the Lord knows I love the movie "Hoosiers." Their story is so cool and they have a nation rooting for them.
-
Holmes 72 Christian County 61
Jeremiah Johnson played one of the best....if not the best game of his life. He went 6-8 for 14 points... Was strong with the ball all day and played with confidence. It seemed like everyone of his buckets came right after a Christian County run. I was very impressed with him today.
-
Shelby Valley Team to beat
This poll should be posted in the Holmes locker room asap!
-
I haven't won a basketball prize Sweet 16 Runner Up Contest
West Jessamine
-
Christian County vs. Holmes
Christian County is the perfect team for Holmes to open up with because they will try to run with Holmes. Unsuccessfully, but they will try to run. This will get Holmes ready for LexCath and Elliott County. I'm looking for the Bulldogs to regain their spacing in the halfcourt offense as well. That will open up shooters and cutters all day long. Holmes 64, Christian County 45
-
How has the Bank done so far?
The atmosphere last night for both regional finals was electric. I was skeptical in the quarters and semis because of the lack of attendance, but last night made the whole tourney worth it. I'm still amazed that NKU has a facility like that. Thank goodness for earmarks, eh Mitch McConnell? hehe ;-)
-
Top Players in the Sweet 16
I'll take Ricardo Johnson as the Sweet 16 MVP.
-
Top Players in the Sweet 16
Everyone has pretty much mentioned all the players I would have named... Except for Neal Pawsat from Mason. That kid may not be a physical specimen like some mentioned above, but he is a gamer and can flat out drain it from the perimeter.
-
2009 Boys Sweet 16 State Tournament Contest
West Jessamine Adair Co Central Eastern Lex Cath Holmes Shelby Valley Elliott Co West Jessamine Eastern Holmes Shelby Valley Eastern Holmes Holmes TB 91