Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU20

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NKU20

  1. Then put him on the varsity in July.
  2. He's not playing RB and replacing his brother, and it's not late in the game. He was playing defense in the first half at nose guard or monster or whatever you want to call it to help stop the run. They had him practice it during the week. I know there are at least 4 junior linebackers (probably all starters next year) that could play that role.
  3. I'm just going by what some players have told me and my own observation. I know the freshman is going to be a great player for NCC, maybe even next year. But if that's the case, why take a chance of getting him hurt, and tick some upper classmen off at the same time. I only bring this up because I care about the kids and the program. Just be fair will all the kids.
  4. Breds scrimmaged Dear Park and Batavia over the weekend. Although neither team looked to be ready yet, Newcath won 5 of 6 quarters. A little sloppy with the passing but they shot fairly well.
  5. I haven't seen Corbin play but if there any good at all, they just might beat NCC. NCC is having some dissention among the players that really effected their play last Friday. The coaches decision to play a freshman who has only practiced up with the varsity for a couple weeks in front of some pretty talented Juniors has caused some problems and might just cost them a State title.
  6. NCC would have to turn it over 5 times for it to be a game. Breds 34-7.
  7. No doubt CCH is a better team now than earlier in the season, but they're not going to be able to handle a focused HHS team. The only thing that keeps this from a blowout is the rivalry.
  8. Were there any suprise cuts? There had to be a lot of kids trying out. Any kids moving up to JV?
  9. Tough schedule early for Breds. Holy Cross, Boone, and Highlands before the football players really get back into it. Last years JV better step up.
  10. Your only talking maybe 2-3 kids that also play basketball. It's not going to effect practice at all.
  11. Do you really think a 0-10 team wants to get their brains beat in by a 10-0 team. I can't think of one positive from this matchup.
  12. None in Ohio, but an entire district tournament can be played in a few days in basketball.
  13. You really couldn't see the play from the stands, I thought the ground caused him to fumble the ball straight up into the air.
  14. Everyone getting in in basketball is nuts also. You have some districts seeded and others are not. Football has 6 divisions and basketball can't even get 2. Do you think Beechwood is going to feel as good about winning a State Championship without having to beat Newcath or Danville? They might win it every year forever.
  15. NCC had the best team of the small schools. Beat Scott last night 40-6
  16. Amen, The state tournament is so watered down anyway, why does a 9-1 football team need to play a 1-9 team in the first round. It doesn't make sense. Also let the sophomores with no chance of getting in the varsity football game go play basketball after the JV season is over. Season starts 12/4 with football ending 12/9.
  17. A kick does not change the arrow. It's just out of bounds to the other team.
  18. I agree, if the Breds can stop Elliiot they'll win. I know Bankamper wants to play, but I would rather see them bring home the State Championship than to beat NewCath.
  19. I think CC was worse. They had the ball with almost 3:00 min. to go and didn't even try to score. 2 running plays a sack and a punt back to NCC. It should have cost them the game in regulation.
  20. Any scores from last night? I heard NCC 39-0 over Lloyd.
  21. Both defensive tackles for NCC are out for tonight's game. Should be interesting to see if CC can take advantage. Hope the rain holds off. Breds by a TD.
  22. I believe a sophomore or even a junior that is only playing JV football should be able to move on to basketball after the JV season is over. To sit and watch the varsity play for another 5 weeks and not be able to practice basketball is nuts. Lets face it, it only effects a few players. Why can't they practice basketball all week and still suit up on Friday nights with the football team. It's not like they'll get to play anyway.
  23. Did they lose any games as 8th graders last year? If so who?
  24. I would think they will pretty good this year then.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.