Dlbdonn

Who wins  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC rolls again... They will not play like they did against holy cross the first time... Hc could not move the ball in the first game and look for that to change... but NCC will spread them out and throw all night long...

NCC by 21

Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

Playoff Appearances: 27

All-time Record: 46-23

Covington Holy Cross Indians

Playoff Appearances: 7

All-time Record: 3-6

Previous Playoff Meetings

2003 - Newport Central Catholic 42 Covington Holy Cross 20

2006 - Newport Central Catholic 41 Covington Holy Cross 7

Neither team played very well on offense when they met in the regular season. NCC moved the ball but did stupid things to kill drives. HC ran about 5 different plays all night and ran one of them 70% of the time.

So I look for this one to be a little more exciting than the regular season match-up.

I think NCC will score more than 14 in this one and I think Holy Cross will score more than 0.

Question is can HC make some key stops and can NCC control the HC ground game which seems to be gearing up here at the end of the season.

I see NCC winning this game but it is a winnable game for HC if they do things correctly as in no turnovers, force a few turnovers, excell in the kicking game.

NCC wins, gotta root for the boys down the street from us. When we're not playing them, which is never anyway. I have a question. How many of HC's players live in Covington/Latonia? I heard that a bunch of players came from Cinci to play there. Any credence to that????