Second Round Newcath / Holy Cross

Dlbdonn

Who wins  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

NCC wins, gotta root for the boys down the street from us. When we're not playing them, which is never anyway. I have a question. How many of HC's players live in Covington/Latonia? I heard that a bunch of players came from Cinci to play there. Any credence to that????

I think there are 3 players from Cincy. 2 Sr., 1 Soph. But I could be wrong.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to give props to HC who has not had football very long and has made quite a name for themselves pretty quick. Doesn't hurt to have someone with some deep pockets to help pitch in and furnish the team with some good equipment. I just can't believe that NCC, a clearly established program, doesn't have some alum that will pitch in and help the school/athletics out with some new facilities. That just baffles me. Good luck to both teams, but gotta root for the Breds.

There are some big plans underway up on the hill. Better days are ahead, and soon, relative to facilities, etc.

Stay tuned...

Thanks for the update. Would love to see something happen before the entire hill erodes away down into the Skyline parking lot. Would love to see the Breds get their own facility. I would see a game there. Even if they never play the Birds again. I still support them.

Any chance the 'Mart is outta here?

With Target and other stores going in across from Blockbuster I think the Mart and everything else in there will be goine with in two years of the new shopping area opening. NewCath owns some of the land at the bottom of the hill so who knows what will happen then. Take a pic of the Hill now because I have seen the plans for the future in 5 years or so it will be a whole new look. Go Breds!!

Any chance the 'Mart is outta here?

No. And don't look for any kind of football field for quite some time, if ever.

That would be in Phase 3 and only if there is some way to fund it after funding Phase 1 and 2. Classroom and facility improvements are Phase 1 and things like a theater and a health (aux.gym, classrooms, etc) center are Phase 2.

BTW, doesn't HC piling up over 300 yards rushing last week mean this one could stay close. Granted Lloyd's defense wasn't great all year but that is still impresive.

300 is good numbers but I don't think they will be able to do that vs the Breds D. This game will be closer than most think 14 points maybe 21 point win for the Breds. HC has played them very well the past few meetings.