Everything posted by powerfootball
-
Middlesboro 62 Corbin 42
I agree (Lance Harbor) with some of your points. I must point out that after watching our defense render 62 points, and tackling like the cheerleaders; I am not able to say that we are well coached. This is not a new problem, Corbin has been fundamentally bad for a couple of years now, and last weeks' performance is strong evidence that the situation has not improved. The responsibility for improvements in this area belongs to the coaches, and truthfully it appears as if no one at the coaches office received that memo. The offense did a terrific job and the OC called a great game, but was so poor that it put a black eye over any bright spot we could find.
-
Middlesboro 62 Corbin 42
I agree (Lance Harbor) with some of your points. I must point out that after watching our defense render 62 points, and tackling like the cheerleaders; I am not able to say that we are well coached. This is not a new problem, Corbin has been fundamentally bad for a couple of years now, and last weeks' performance is strong evidence that the situation has not improved. The responsibility for improvements in this area belongs to the coaches, and truthfully it appears as if no one at the coaches office received that memo. The offense did a terrific job and the OC called a great game, but the defense was so poor that it put a black eye over any bright spot we could find.
-
Future of the Bell/Corbin match up
Corbin should not have dropped Bell Co.
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
This game will be decided by who wins the coaching battles. With that said, we'll probably be there til next week.
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
I'm suprised that more people hasn't picked Middlesboro in a big way;after all they are the #5 in class AA in the 9/19 BGP Poll. Rankings wise, a Corbin win would be considered a mild upset, despite the fact Corbin has taken the previous two meetings. My questions of BGP'ers reading this: How much pressure is on Middlesboro to win this game? Are the Jackets a top 5 team? Does Corbin belong outside the 2A top 10? Will this be a blowout? There is alot we can discuss leading up to Friday's game.
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
The Cashen vs. Hoskins debate could go on for centuries, but the real measure is who leads thier team to the win. Right now, Cashen is 2-0 (Career wise) against Middlesboro, looking to go 3-0. I'm willing to say thats most important to him.
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
Not sure that we can call ourselves a good team, but this is certainly a must win game for the Redhounds if we are to consider ourselves a good ball club. I expect the Redhounds to be fired up and hungary for the win. A win friday night would be a singature win that could boost us for district play, and let the state know that we are a serious condender for the 2A crown. Its gutcheck time for the Redhounds, and I expect us to WIN!
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
Corbin's or Middlesboros?
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
Should be a good contest. The Hounds have had Mboro's number for the last few meetings. I hear they (Boro) are still upset with the freshmen team scoring a conversion late in the game a couple years ago, so the Redhounds better be ready!
-
Bell County/Leslie County updats
Who scored for Bell Co?
-
Whitley Co./Madison Central Updates
Good Luck to the Colonels. Jim Black is a fine man.
-
Corbin vs. Pulaski Co.?
Hounds get a much needed win. 28-7
-
Corbin Football
I believe that was 1982. Current head-coach Steve Jewell was a linebacker on that team.
-
Corbin Football
True, don't mean to seem like we're butting heads alot but haven't you ever heard the old addage "attitude reflects leadership?" I am not aware of an on field attitude problem. But if there is, its the Coaches job to do something about it.
-
Corbin Football
T.R. No, I am in no way inferring Williamsburg to have a better program than we do. There is alot more parity in area football now than before, and not a dominating team in the area right now. That may change in a year or so. I do admire and share your love of the Redhounds though. I wish we were notches ahead of everyone, too. I do stand corrected by 4CHS, Omitted from the stat was a 55-14 win against Wburg, so recently we have split that series as well.
-
Corbin Football
Red Bunch Correct, post season wins mean the most and usually we do well in November. That wasn't my point. The point I wanted to make is that realistically, we are not steps above of everyone else in this area as True Redhound may think. Its not being fairweather, just realistic.
-
Corbin Football
If name-calling is your best response, then my point is well made. I do want to expand on the comments you have made, True Redhound. What ever happened to earning the right to be the top team in the area? Years ago, I watched Corbin teams beat some of Kentucky's best teams; like Middlesboro when they were ranked #1 or #2, or Mayfield when they were near the top of the National Super 25. Back then, your comments would be right on target, Corbin was top dog, and was at least a few notches above anyone in the area except Middlesboro. However, in the last few seasons the Redhounds haven't earned the right to be called top dog in the area. Here is why: Since the 2002 season: 1 win and 5 loss record against Bell; Rock we split (1 win, 1 loss) and against South we also have a 1 win 5 loss record. Over this period, against these three teams we have a total record of 3 wins vs. 11 losses since 2002. Throw in a loss to another area team (Williamsburg) and the collective record is 3 wins vs. 12 losses. A 3 WIN 12 LOSS RECORD IS NOT REFLECTIVE OF A TEAM THAT IS ABOVE/BETTER/NOT COMPARABLE TO ANYONE!!!! You can call me a fairweather fan, or whatever else you'd prefer. But what you can't do is deny these facts. You make it sound like area teams like K.C., Wburg, and Lynn Camp are not capable of beating us. I have news for you: One, I'm not a fairweather fan (just a smart one that can see past a line of garbage). Two, any team in the area is VERY capable of beating us (Note I ever said Wburg is overly superior to us as you claim I did). Three (and most important: THE RIGHT TO BE CALLED THE BEST IS PROVEN BY PERFORMANCE ON THE FIELD, AND 3 AND 12 IS NOT OVER SUPERIOR!!! Thank You for your time.
-
Corbin Football
Diehard, I'd love to agree with you BUT the fact is... Williamsburg beat us in the last meeting. So no matter how much we want to tell ourselves we are above/better than them (and I truly wish we were), we can't because they are one up on us! Only winning 1 of our first 4 contest indicates we are heading to the level you believe Williamsburg, K.C., and Lynn Camp to be on. If those three teams played our schedule they would be 1 and 4 as well. Its hard for this Corbin fan to believe we are on the same level with Bell and Rock when both have beaten us in the last 4 weeks. Its simply cannot be not true.
-
Corbin Football
The only expectation Corbin fans have, is to win. Thats not so unreasonable. When that isn't happening, Corbin fans aren't happy.
-
Corbin vs. Bell County
Thank You Hound82 for the response. There is no reason to not play Bell, and no excuse for removing them from the schedule. Frankly, each circumstance you list, is closer to an excuse (not to play) than a reason. Playing Bell County each year helps keep the standard set high for our own program, it is hard to find better competition any closer to home that can match the playoff atmosphere of a Corbin/Bell contest.
-
Corbin vs. Bell County
Anyone care to speculate as to why Bell may be removed from the schedule?
-
Corbin vs. Bell County
Comparison: Bell County: Whitley County Bell County 24 - 20 (W) Henry Clay Bell County 14 - 28 (L) Letcher County Central Bell County 57 - 7 (W) The Bobcats have scored 95, while giving up 55, with over half their total points scored being against Letcher County Central Corbin: Rockcastle County Danville 0 - 2 (L) Oldham County Corbin 20 - 34 (L) South Laurel Corbin 20 - 21 (L) Lexington Christian Corbin 20 - 7 (W) The Hounds have scored 60 Points thie year, while giving up 63
-
Corbin Football
So Corbin will end up in 3A with this new alignment?
-
Corbin Football
For Corbin fans, it is quite a change in philosiphy to become accustomed to losing to teams who in years past usually would not beat us. Most fans don't like the idea, which is natural. Now, whether fans are overreacting or the program has fallen from grace remains to be seen. The season is still young, and there is alot of football left to be played. It will be interesting to see how the players react friday night when Bell Co. arrives at Campbell Field.
-
Corbin vs. Bell County
I was lucky enough to witness those "Glory Years" and watched a few of the current staff play as high school kids. Its quite obvious that times have changed, and Corbin does not dominate like they once did. Love or hate Corbin football, any objective follower of the program would agree the program was much stronger in years past than it is today.