Anniversary of Wilt's 100 point game

Was Wilt's game the greatest individual performance of all time?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Was Wilt's game the greatest individual performance of all time?

I wanted to post this last week but never got to it. Last week was the anniversary of Wilt's 100 point game. Is this the single greatest game of any player in any sport? Is Kobe's 81 point game better because of the time Wilt payed in vs the time Kobe played in or did the 3 point line give him a huge advantage? Any other games from other sports that might compare? Larsen's perfect game in the World Series?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 for the season easily.

Agreed. If you removed the 100-point game he still averaged 49.7 .

It was a different game then. It was rare that a team scored less than 100. 140 point games were not rare.

I am in the camp that Kobe's is more impressive. I can't see video of Wilt's 100 point game but I can go to YouTube right now and watch Kobe score 81 points with a large percentage of those points coming from jump shots. I need to see a shot chart from the 100 point game to see the degree of difficulty in Wilt's shots. I have no reason to believe he didn't score a large percentage of his points inside the paint. For me, it makes a difference. It is still one ofthe most impressive feats ever I am simply more impressed with how Kobe scored his 81 points. 2 lay ups and 2 dunks. And he's shorter than Wilt. More impressive for Kobe.