Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic Vs Boone County predictions

Who wins 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

    • Boone County
      22%
    • Newport Central Catholic
      77%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins and why ?

I don't think either offenses have really clicked yet so if one can that team wins.

Highland played NCC pretty tough in both games, but was very physical, which in my opinion this NCC team doesn't like. Boone County doesn't appear to be a real physical team, which bodes well for NCC. I like McQueary, but unless he's willing to really mix it up then this thing will come right down to the wire. Cooper Downs will be the best guard on the court, which will allow Boone to ultimately prevail in what should be a very good game.

New Cath will be packing their bags for Rupp. They are the much better team now that both bigs are playing well. McQuery is sneaky good, but the lack of size for Boone will doom them.

Good luck to both squads.

New Cath will be packing their bags for Rupp. They are the much better team now that both bigs are playing well. McQuery is sneaky good, but the lack of size for Boone will doom them.

Good luck to both squads.

 

Not packing them yet I hope.:D This one could really go either way. Brady has a tendency to go to the basket like a freight train. Boone County's guards do a good job of getting into position to take charges. Brady has to be mindful of that or he could see himself sitting, which would be pretty devastating for NCC.

NewCath by 5. Overall length again will be the difference. Boone has 3 nice guards but NC also has a set of guards who can play. Don't see an advantage there. Hightchew may get in trouble but he seems to make up for it with a lay up on the next trip or so. Think Boone will struggle with getting open looks vs. the taller Breds. Will be tighter game than those played today, but NC ultimately goes down state.

 

And wins two down there.....

Hightchew forcing the issue dooms the Breds. Boone Co. in a close one.

This game will not be close, NCC wins going away, too much talent and size. NCC will packing for Rupp!

Everyone keeps talking about Newcath size being the difference...I don't see it. If Newcath.wins, it will be because of their depth.

 

I see this being a defensive battle with both teams forcing the other to play a halfcourt game.

 

If this becomes an uptempo fast paced game, advantage Boone. Pitts, Downs, and Stanley are tough in transition.

 

I also think Palmer and Carr will be able to neutralize the Breds size. They are very underrated but rebound well and play good defense despite their lack of size.

 

I think this is a toss up. Should be a very good game.

NCC will be too much for the Rebels.

 

NCC. 39

BC. 36

These two schools have had heartbreaking regional championship game losses over the last few years. Unfortunately, one is going to again. I think it will be that close for a heartbreaker. I say NCC in OT. I just think they are the most balanced team in the region.

I think this game follows the same path as the entire post season for the 9th Region this year ~ unexciting win.

 

By that I mean NCC will win by a lot OR Boone will win in a close one and noone will know because Boone Co. won't have any fans there. Where was any thing resembling a student section for Boone today?

I think Miller holds McQuery in check which caused Boone to struggle to score enough points.

 

NCC - 50

BCHS - 39

NCC beat Boone Co during the season and it should happen again by 6.

Everyone keeps talking about Newcath size being the difference...I don't see it. If Newcath.wins, it will be because of their depth.

 

I see this being a defensive battle with both teams forcing the other to play a halfcourt game.

 

If this becomes an uptempo fast paced game, advantage Boone. Pitts, Downs, and Stanley are tough in transition.

 

I also think Palmer and Carr will be able to neutralize the Breds size. They are very underrated but rebound well and play good defense despite their lack of size.

 

I think this is a toss up. Should be a very good game.

 

NCC goes 8 deep. Boone County goes 7.

 

The key to this game is going to be Boone rebounding enough and preventing inside scoring by NCC with their size. Boone will play great defense as they always do and will run their offense till they get shots. If they can prevent second chance baskets, they can win. NCC is the clear favorite as the poll shows. NCC beat Boone by one earlier in the year and NCC is much better now than they were then. This is a very tough game for Boone to find a way to win. They will need unexpected heroes today to get the win. If they can somehow get in the lead in the last 4 minutes of the game, then NCC may be in trouble because of Boone's free throw shooting and great guard play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.