Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Palmer thinks the Raiders are a Championship team, do you agree with him?

Featured Replies

I think CP will play the game of his life against Cincinnati.

I think CP will play the game of his life against Cincinnati.

 

And throw 2 picks.

“As far as being close to a playoff team, it’s more than that,” Palmer said, via Steve Corkran of the Bay Area News Group. “We’re close to a championship team. There’s a lot of work that needs to be put in and a lot of hurdles that we need to get over, but we need to be heading into this season thinking more than just playoffs.”

 

Carson Palmer: We’re close to a championship team | ProFootballTalk

 

I don't agree, I think they have an issue at QB.

 

Where is futurecoach? This thread is right in his wheel house.

 

I think I intimidate him... :D

 

Here I am :D. It's been a long day and I just saw this. I don't know if they are a Championship team, if anything they kind of remind me of the 2005 and 2006 Cincinnati teams. They should be really good on offense, but a bad defense. They had a horrible defense last year.

 

As for Palmer this is a make or break year for his career IMO. He will now actually have an off season with them, and be training to play football instead of sitting on the couch. I think they will be a very tough team to beat, and I do think Carson will have a good year. Especially if they keep both running backs. He never got the chance to play with McFadden and McFadden is the sole reason why Campbell looked decent in that offense, he had McFadden making huge plays. It will be interesting to see how they do, and I can't wait to be at the game when Carson comes back.

Here I am :D. It's been a long day and I just saw this. I don't know if they are a Championship team, if anything they kind of remind me of the 2005 and 2006 Cincinnati teams. They should be really good on offense, but a bad defense. They had a horrible defense last year.

 

As for Palmer this is a make or break year for his career IMO. He will now actually have an off season with them, and be training to play football instead of sitting on the couch. I think they will be a very tough team to beat, and I do think Carson will have a good year. Especially if they keep both running backs. He never got the chance to play with McFadden and McFadden is the sole reason why Campbell looked decent in that offense, he had McFadden making huge plays. It will be interesting to see how they do, and I can't wait to be at the game when Carson comes back.

 

He may hold some sort of record for most make or break seasons.

He may hold some sort of record for most make or break seasons.

 

What other years were make or break for him? 2009 he led team to the playoffs, so 2010 was no make or break year for him it was a bad year. Which also was the first year the team sucked with him starting. Just because Cincinnati fans in all sports are quick to say a guy sucks after a guy does bad, doesn't mean any year was a make or break year for him? Shoot this Reds team that everyone is excited about, wouldn't have half the players if management got rid of them when they struggled. There was no reason to think he would have a very good year for the Raiders last year. He had good moments, and also plenty of bad moments too. If he struggles next year with a mediocre year then yeah his career as a starter is probably going to be over. Up until this coming year, that was not going to be the case.

“As far as being close to a playoff team, it’s more than that,” Palmer said, via Steve Corkran of the Bay Area News Group. “We’re close to a championship team. There’s a lot of work that needs to be put in and a lot of hurdles that we need to get over, but we need to be heading into this season thinking more than just playoffs.”

 

Carson Palmer: We’re close to a championship team | ProFootballTalk

 

 

 

How would Carson Palmer have any idea what a pro football championship team is like? He doesn't even know what a playoff winning football team is like...

I would like to see Bush in Cincy.

 

Me too, I believe he would be a great fit for the Bengals.

I don't know who's kool aid Carson is drinking, but I'm definitely not. Oakland MAY make the playoffs next season, and that's a big may.

And throw 2 picks.

 

He might, but I'm guessing he has a great game against his former team...

What other years were make or break for him? 2009 he led team to the playoffs, so 2010 was no make or break year for him it was a bad year. Which also was the first year the team sucked with him starting. Just because Cincinnati fans in all sports are quick to say a guy sucks after a guy does bad, doesn't mean any year was a make or break year for him? Shoot this Reds team that everyone is excited about, wouldn't have half the players if management got rid of them when they struggled. There was no reason to think he would have a very good year for the Raiders last year. He had good moments, and also plenty of bad moments too. If he struggles next year with a mediocre year then yeah his career as a starter is probably going to be over. Up until this coming year, that was not going to be the case.

 

 

Umm ... all of them? He did play in Cincy forever, after all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.