Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ex-NC State Players Ejected From Stands

Featured Replies

Anyone see this? Tom Gugliotta and Chris Corchiani, two players whose jerseys hang from the rafters at NC State, were ejected by referee Karl Hess with just over 6 minutes left to go today. I can't recall ever seeing something quite like this.

 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7589697/tom-gugliotta-chris-corchiani-ejected-stands-nc-state-florida-state-game

 

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems extreme unless they were simply unleashing F bombs at him.

The ACC issued a statement and it sounded like they were not happy with Hess going to security instead of NC State's game management folks which is ACC policy.

 

AD Kay Yow was not happy.

  • Author
Seems extreme unless they were simply unleashing F bombs at him.

 

Either on the story or on Twitter where I first saw this, they indicated that those on press row said that there wasn't any profanity. The men themselves said that too, but always good to have confirmation. They admitted they were on Hess pretty constantly, but insisted that they never cursed.

 

Also judging by many of the comments I've seen, Karl Hess is not exactly liked in general.

All I can think about when I watch that is that I still remember watching Chris Corchiani...man, do I feel old.

All I can think about when I watch that is that I still remember watching Chris Corchiani...man, do I feel old.

 

You? I remember him as a frosh. I also remember Chris Washburn quite well. Oops, I'm dating myself ...

You? I remember him as a frosh. I also remember Chris Washburn quite well. Oops, I'm dating myself ...

 

Oh man...I remember Washburn as well. Danny Ferry? Chris Mullin? Mark Jackson? Fennis Dembo? Dana Barros? Geez...

Oh man...I remember Washburn as well. Danny Ferry? Chris Mullin? Mark Jackson? Fennis Dembo? Dana Barros? Geez...

 

Right in my wheelhouse, cuz. :D

Corchiani hasn't aged well.

Give me some Dallas Comegys and the old Blue Demon logo.

Karl Hess is the only ref with a parody Twitter account. He just loves the headlines.

Give me some Dallas Comegys and the old Blue Demon logo.

 

One of the best hairdos ever. He did cornrows before they were cool, and even did them in a fashion no self-respecting thug would dare adopt now.

You? I remember him as a frosh. I also remember Chris Washburn quite well. Oops, I'm dating myself ...

 

David Thompson for me. (ouch!)

Hot Rod Strickland

David Rivers

Bill Wennington

 

How about those names.

 

Corchiani has a major receding hairline.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.