Winter Weather Advisory

nWo

I just checked the models right now they are showing about 1-2 inches for much of Central Kentucky. Closer to 2 inches for Northern Kentucky for late Monday night into Tuesday. It seems that the snow won't linger long as it is supposed to change over to rain during Tuesday.

nam_win_4panel_48h.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The National Weather Service Office-Louisville just issued this statement about 10 minutes ago.

356 PM EST SUN FEB 12 2012 /256 PM CST SUN FEB 12 2012/ ...WINTRY WEATHER LIKELY MONDAY NIGHT AND EARLY TUESDAY... AN UPPER LEVEL WEATHER SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO MOVE NORTHEASTWARD INTO THE LOWER OHIO VALLEY MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING. AS THIS SYSTEM HEADS INTO OUR REGION...WIDESPREAD PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE REGION. WITH COLD AIR ALREADY IN PLACE AHEAD OF THIS WEATHER SYSTEM...THE INITIAL PRECIPITATION WILL FALL IN THE FORM OF LIGHT SNOW. THIS LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AFTER SUNSET ON MONDAY EVENING. BY LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND EARLY TUESDAY MORNING...SOME WARMER AIR ALOFT IS FORECAST TO MOVE INTO PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN KENTUCKY. THIS WILL LIKELY RESULT IN THE SNOW CHANGING OVER TO A WINTRY MIX OF RAIN...SLEET AND POSSIBLY SOME FREEZING RAIN. AT THIS THIS TIME...THE BEST CHANCES FOR A WINTRY MIX APPEAR TO BE SOUTH OF A LINE FROM BEAVER DAM KENTUCKY TO NEAR BEREA KENTUCKY. NORTH OF THAT LINE...COLDER AIR WILL LIKELY REMAIN IN PLACE FOR LIGHT SNOW TO BE THE PREDOMINANT PRECIPITATION TYPE.

Read More

More snow on the way??? Should the title of this thread be ' Any snow at all above a dusting on the way'? What an embarrasing winter this has been, hope everyone is ready for flash flooding, tornado warnings and 40 days in a row of 95 degree and above heat starting next month.

More snow on the way??? Should the title of this thread be ' Any snow at all above a dusting on the way'? What an embarrasing winter this has been, hope everyone is ready for flash flooding, tornado warnings and 40 days in a row of 95 degree and above heat starting next month.

I keep saying snow is coming in March but yes I agree, very weak odd winter, I have bags of Prestone Heat sitting around.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND SLEET...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7

PM EST /6 PM CST/ THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ TUESDAY.

* TIMING: LIGHT SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION MAINLY AFTER

SUNSET TONIGHT...MOSTLY AFFECTING LOCATIONS ACROSS SOUTH-CENTRAL

INDIANA AND MUCH OF WEST-CENTRAL KENTUCKY.

* MAIN IMPACT: LIGHT TO SOMETIMES MODERATE SNOW WILL FALL LATER

TONIGHT WITH SOME SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES POSSIBLE.

THE BEST CHANCE FOR THIS WILL OCCUR WEST OF I-65 ACROSS SOUTH-

CENTRAL INDIANA AND ACROSS KENTUCKY COUNTIES NEAR THE OHIO

RIVER.

Read More

I'll take the 40 days in a row of 95 degrees. My kind of weather. It's better than snow and having the whole state shut down.