Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

N. Ky. Underachievers

Featured Replies

Birds had em on the ropes at NCC and lost by 3 but this team is hurting and needs to get things right before they play Dayton. They aré reeling IMO and they need a strong week.

 

Sorry Q...just making a point that no one should be anointed champ of the 36th district

Does anyone have any thoughts on young 3 sport players, and them not having the time to work on any one sport enough to really excel. Except for the few very gifted one, does this hurt them. This along with lack of time to do strength training.

Sorry Q...just making a point that no one should be anointed champ of the 36th district

 

True dat !

Sorry Q...just making a point that no one should be anointed champ of the 36th district
If you're suggesting my statement is the equivalence of an anointment then I think you might be reaching a little.
For the record, I'm not a fan of a thread designed to accentuate kids and coaches not living up to what we perceived them to be. Most are busting their humps preparing for games. Who the heck are we to say who is underachieving and why?

 

I did not get that vibe at all when reading this thread. I see this thread as more of a positive, expressing how talented some of these teams are, despite their record, and how much potential they have. I hope they all finish out this season strong and get pumped for next season!

If you're suggesting my statement is the equivalence of an anointment then I think you might be reaching a little.

 

Sorry if I misread, but I took it as you were saying Highlands would win the district (like they were the best team). Obviously, I made a mistake.

I think all the so called "under achievers" listed have one thing in common: not much talent compared to past year or years. I'd like to see a thread titled "over achievers" since were going negative on this one.

So who are the "over achievers" .....teams & players???

What about Conner the past couple of years they have been super disappointing.

What about Conner the past couple of years they have been super disappointing.

 

Yes, but did they underachieve? What was expected of them? Not saying you're wrong...I just know very little about them.

  • Author
What about Conner the past couple of years they have been super disappointing.

 

Since we are focused on this year, I don't think they can be called an underachiever. Last year they were probably near the top of the list.

So who are the "over achievers" .....teams & players???

 

In my mind, some of the teams that have played above what may have been expected of them include Cooper, Covington Catholic, Ludlow, and St. Henry. They weren't expected to do poorly by any means, but I feel they played better than I thought they would. Obviously people may disagree if they had higher expectations for those teams, but I feel like they are all overacheivers in my book.

 

Cooper- big wins over Holmes, Boone Co.

Covington Catholic-basically replaced everyone who had varsity experience

Ludlow-may not have the "big win" yet, but have been much more competitive than the past few years

St. Henry-have been able to bounce back from a difficult season last year

Ludlow would be on my list of over achievers they certainly have been competitive.

Considering they lost leading scorer & PG Burt Pouncy to the Indians.

  • Author
In my mind, some of the teams that have played above what may have been expected of them include Cooper, Covington Catholic, Ludlow, and St. Henry. They weren't expected to do poorly by any means, but I feel they played better than I thought they would. Obviously people may disagree if they had higher expectations for those teams, but I feel like they are all overacheivers in my book.

 

Cooper- big wins over Holmes, Boone Co.

Covington Catholic-basically replaced everyone who had varsity experience

Ludlow-may not have the "big win" yet, but have been much more competitive than the past few years

St. Henry-have been able to bounce back from a difficult season last year

 

:lol: That is one of the reasons why I didn't start an overachiever thread. I knew the answer was St. Henry. It is always St. Henry when it comes to overachieving. The woe is me/we have no talent/Faust is a genius commentary concerning St. Henry is like money in the bank. You can count on it being there every year. I find it amazing that a basketball focused school fed by great middle school programs is so talent challenged and overachieves every year. :rolleyes:

 

Also, three of the four on the list are at .500 for the season. Unless you expected nothing this year, it is hard for me to call a .500 team an overachiever. CCH, yes I would say they are an overachiever.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.