Now This Is Bad Officiating

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the officials knew the rule was being violated but ignored it due to it being for the cause. However, once it's brought to their attention they had to call it. Rulebook says it's a T "when recognized." Unfortunately, it was "recognized."

The opposing coach's team, ranked #6 & facing a one-point deficit at the half, brings this to the attention of the officials. The refs follow the rules & issue the T. Opposing team goes on to win by double digits.

While I don't blame the officials at all, I believe if I were one of them, I would have let this one go & faced whatever consequences/reprimand. To me, this is somewhat like a police officer giving a citation to the nervous husband speeding on the way to the hospital with his about-to-give-birth wife. There are times when you overlook the letter of the law, and this was one of those times IMO.

As has already been stated, the officials were forced into a corner. There is a rule, and they were forced to enforce it. Yes, it would've been nice to see them "take a stand", but I certainly understand why they didn't.

The opposing coach, however, is a slimeball, in my opinion. What, he couldn't see the pink uniforms when they were warming up before the game?!?!? He had to wait until halftime to bring it to the attention of the officials?!?!? I seriously doubt there was anyone in the gym at that time that didn't know why the girls were wearing the pink uniforms, so the mere fact that it was a close game at halftime indicates to me that he may have had ulterior motives. And that's what's not right.

The opposing coach's team, ranked #6 & facing a one-point deficit at the half, brings this to the attention of the officials. The refs follow the rules & issue the T. Opposing team goes on to win by double digits.

While I don't blame the officials at all, I believe if I were one of them, I would have let this one go & faced whatever consequences/reprimand. To me, this is somewhat like a police officer giving a citation to the nervous husband speeding on the way to the hospital with his about-to-give-birth wife. There are times when you overlook the letter of the law, and this was one of those times IMO.

This is what I was thinking.

Once the game is started the game is in complete control of the Refs. I used to Ref and I would just played on. I'd just tell them.."I'm in charge lets play the game." The game comes first.

High school refs cannot do that. They are accountable.