Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The Reds Spring Training

Featured Replies

The Blue Jays were stealing signs from center field. Now they signed Coco so other teams can't do the same.

 

 

 

Get it, 'cause he's so fat....

  • Replies 104
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Sounds like more of the same old Stubbs. Are we looking at another 200+ strikeout season from Stubbs? Will Dusty continue to mess with the leadoff spot never settling on Phillips or Stubbs?

 

Doc: Same swing, fewer misses? | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

 

Reds' leadoff hitter subject to change | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

 

 

He hasn't struck out yet in spring training and has bunted twice. Gessh what do you people want from him. I'm sure he is working on it.

  • Author
^He struck out in the game yesterday.

OK that was the first one. I had a feeling those stats were not current.

He hasn't struck out yet in spring training and has bunted twice. Gessh what do you people want from him. I'm sure he is working on it.

 

He shouldn't be striking out much this early with pitchers throwing mostly fastballs.

  • Author
He shouldn't be striking out much this early with pitchers throwing mostly fastballs.

 

Who is throwing all fastballs? A lot of times pitchers will work on other pitches at this point in spring training? Homer threw a 3-2 curveball just the other day. It's early I'm not going to be worried about it yet. He's not going to magically stop striking out. I will be happy if he gets it down to 170.

He shouldn't be striking out much this early with pitchers throwing mostly fastballs.

 

Realistically the pitchers in ST would throw more off-speed pitches because they need to get the 'feel' for them.

 

No one goes out there and just throws fastballs.

He shouldn't be striking out much this early with pitchers throwing mostly fastballs.

 

One strike out is "much"? In what world?

If he really doesn't change his approach you can go ahead and pencil him in for 185+ strikeouts again if he plays every day. That would be fine if he was a 30 homerun guy but he's not.

  • Author

I don't see this ending well...

 

Doc: For Brandon Phillips, it's what the money means | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

• Chase Utley: Seven years, $85 million, $15 million this year.

 

• Dan Uggla: Seven years, $85 million, $13 million this year.

 

• Robinson Cano: $14 million this year.

 

All are second basemen. Phillips feels he’s in their class. He’s right.

 

Phillips checks in at a mere $12 million. Maybe it matters to him that he’s the highest-paid Red. Maybe he understands, a little, that Cincinnati isn’t Philadelphia, New York or even Atlanta, where the above mentioned gentlemen work. He might even have a working knowledge of how much the Reds want him to stay.

 

All of that matters to him. But not as much as the money.

 

“You want to be paid better than players you think you’re better than,” says Phillips. “I feel like I’m top three among second basemen in baseball. I feel like I should get that respect.”

 

Phillips has seen other Reds get theirs. Votto, Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto. He noted the signing of Ryan Madson. Phillips doesn’t begrudge his peers their “respect.” He just wonders why he hasn’t gotten his. “A slap in the face,” Phillips calls it.

 

“I’ve been here longer than anybody, and I’m one of the best players in this game. I feel that I should come before many other people.” If you ask Phillips what he’ll do with the $12 million he’s making in 2012, he’ll admit he can’t spend it all. That’s not his point.

 

Jocketty says the Reds appreciate Phillips’ popularity and willingness to be a team ambassador. They’re not going to pay him any more for it, though: “We’re not going to overpay a guy just because he does all those great things.”

  • Author

This is from the comment section...

 

 

 

Come on Reds, give Phillips a long term deal with what he deserves to make, which is equal to or more than Votto.

 

:ohbrother:

  • Author

Arroyo getting crushed. 4 batters have hard hit balls. 3-0 Cubs lead. Make that 5 batters with hard hit balls. All hits.

 

John Fay ‏ @johnfayman

 

Arroyo said to me before the game: "Every once in while you're scared to pitch. This is one of those days. I've never pitched in this park."

  • Author

Everyone seems to be worried about Stubbs but I would be way more worried about LF.

 

Heisey is 3-21 with 10 K's

Ludwick is 4-18 with 5 K's

Everyone seems to be worried about Stubbs but I would be way more worried about LF.

 

Heisey is 3-21 with 10 K's

Ludwick is 4-18 with 5 K's

 

Yep. plus 3rd and short

  • Author

Rolen and Francisco have both been good in spring and Rolen is healthy for now. Cozart has been hitting well but it's still an area of concern.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.