Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The Reds Spring Training

Featured Replies

^Exactly. The crazy thing is when he made contact, he got on at an exceptionally high clip. You would think they would have a hitting coach who spends every second this spring with Stubbs shortening his swing and teaching him to slap the ball into the ground.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk if I would turn him into a slap hitter. I also don't know what I would do to him, but I think he has 30/30 potential if he can just cut down on the Ks. Hopefully he figures it out this year because the Reds can be really dangerous if he does.

Rotation...

Cueto

Latos

Arroyo

Leake

Bailey

 

Bullpen...

 

Madsen

Marshall

Masset

Ondrusek

Bray

Arredondo

Lecure

 

Odd man out- Chapman unless he has a great spring.

 

Am I reading this right? You're saying there won't be a spot for Chapman?

Am I reading this right? You're saying there won't be a spot for Chapman?

 

Everyone around the Reds organization is saying they expect him to start out in Louisville.

  • Author
Am I reading this right? You're saying there won't be a spot for Chapman?

 

Unless he blows everyone away in ST I doubt he makes the club. It's possible he makes it in the bullpen but even that is unlikely IMO.

Unless Chapman has a great spring I think he starts out in the ville..

Obviously this is all speculation, but this is how I envision Chapman's season going:

 

Make the big league club as a starter. Get a few starts, some great, some not so great. Ultimately, he'll either start to struggle or get injured (or both). He'll go on the DL for a little bit & somebody will take his spot in the rotation. When Chapman recovers, he'll return to the big league club as a reliever just in time for Cincinnati's playoff push!

Been a Reds fan for 50+ years. Not sold on this year being the year.

 

Starting pitching, relief pitching, 1st, 2nd & right field should be solid.

 

Cozart had a good couple of weeks and then out for the season at short; love Scott Rolen - he should have retired after the AllStar game in 2010 at 3rd; approximately 1/2 of the games (maybe more) played by rookie catcher; strike out Stubbs leading off; ??? in left field.

 

Let me be the first to hit - PANIC - .

^For being a Reds fan, you must not follow closely....Stubbs didn't lead off the entire 2nd half of the season, and isn't going to this year either.

  • Author

As long as Rolen is healthy to start the year I think he will be OK. Francisco should play enough to keep him fresh. 60/40 split maybe.

I have seen several projections that have Stubbs getting a significant number of starts in the lead off position over the course of the 2012 season. Hitting Phillips a bit deeper in the line up may be too attractive of a proposition to pass up in what may be his last year on the team.

Drew_Stubbs.jpg

I have seen several projections that have Stubbs getting a significant number of starts in the lead off position over the course of the 2012 season. Hitting Phillips a bit deeper in the line up may be too attractive of a proposition to pass up in what may be his last year on the team.

 

BP is either hitting 1 or 2. He's not the same hitter when he's hitting in a run producing spot.

 

The last 3 years, when leading off BP hit .284/.341/.453...

When hitting #2 .297/.347/.444

When hitting #4 .268/.320/.421

BP should start the year hitting in the 2 spot. I wouldn't care if he hit leadoff either, but I think the 2 hole is best.

  • Author

^ Agreed but who leadsoff? I'd be shocked if it was anyone other than BP.

BP should start the year hitting in the 2 spot. I wouldn't care if he hit leadoff either' date=' but I think the 2 hole is best.[/quote']

 

I expect to see BP leading off with Cozart or Ludwick hitting #2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.