Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 74 Covington Catholic 68 OT

Featured Replies

I have it on good authority that it will be held at Regent's Hall at NKU.

 

correct from what I heard

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawnboy, I cannot confirm the Wake Forest thing, but would not be a bit surprised. The young man is an awefully good player and has all next year to get even more attention from College coaches. Statman and I were a little off our game last night with trying to entertain the Cov Cath Radio crew. LOL....I will look into this.

 

What a game last night though at the Finn Center. It was rockin all night with both student sections going back and forth. A great atmosphere for a high school game.

Great week for HC. Unbelievable job by the kids and coaches to not have any kind of letdown after that emotional win on Sunday.

CCH got down because after Campbell swatted a few shots they got tentative. CCH ran an extra defender at Nick R in the backcourt to force the ball out of his hands. Too often when the ball would hit the open man in the front court CCH would wait for Nick R to come and get it instead of turning and taking an open 15 footer or kick it to the corner. Killed the offense and failed to make HC pay for double-teaming.

 

2nd half HC had trouble scoring which prevented them from pressing. CCH got steals and rebounds and pushed the ball up the court for easy baskets.

 

 

The small guard (Fredericks) sp? has got to step when Ruthsatz is taken out of the game. He doesnt play defense, very slow and if he isnt hitting open threes, he is not contributing to the team, he is not helping on the floor. Ruthsatz can not do it all. The shooting guard is killing them, do they have anyone else that can fill in here from the jv or freshman teams. This team needs help from the shooting guard position to free up Nick Ruthsatz.

Lawnboy, I cannot confirm the Wake Forest thing, but would not be a bit surprised. The young man is an awefully good player and has all next year to get even more attention from College coaches. Statman and I were a little off our game last night with trying to entertain the Cov Cath Radio crew. LOL....I will look into this.

 

What a game last night though at the Finn Center. It was rockin all night with both student sections going back and forth. A great atmosphere for a high school game.

 

Actually, I would say I am a little surprised. Best of luck to the young man. When I look at him as a ACC D1 player though, I don't see it. One thing in his favor toward that goal is he is a good shooting big man. On the other hand, I don't see the athleticism that I expect from an ACC D1 player. I have only seen him a couple of times but that is my takeaway. He is just a junior so he has opportunity to improve. The fact that he is being looked at says go to work and make it happen.

The small guard (Fredericks) sp? has got to step when Ruthsatz is taken out of the game. He doesnt play defense, very slow and if he isnt hitting open threes, he is not contributing to the team, he is not helping on the floor. Ruthsatz can not do it all. The shooting guard is killing them, do they have anyone else that can fill in here from the jv or freshman teams. This team needs help from the shooting guard position to free up Nick Ruthsatz.

 

This has been the concern from the beginning of the year. This team would be dreadful if Ruthsatz did not transfer in. There is not one guy who is an offensive threat, who can create a shot on his own. It is all about Ruthsatz getting them a ball off a screen or when the defense collapses on him and he dumps it down low. To think differently is foolish. There are so many role players and only one "player".

Ruthsatz is CovCath. Period. He makes everyone around him a great player.

The small guard (Fredericks) sp? has got to step when Ruthsatz is taken out of the game. He doesnt play defense, very slow and if he isnt hitting open threes, he is not contributing to the team, he is not helping on the floor. Ruthsatz can not do it all. The shooting guard is killing them, do they have anyone else that can fill in here from the jv or freshman teams. This team needs help from the shooting guard position to free up Nick Ruthsatz.
To Nick Fredrick's defense, since his slow start in the first 4 games where he shot 17% from three, he has shot 40% from three to raise is average to 33%. Couple of bad games in a row where he has taken 7 shots. He's been their leading scorer a few times. I think you're being way too hard on him. I'd take his 3 point average the last 20 games over just about anyone's.
To Nick Fredrick's defense, since his slow start in the first 4 games where he shot 17% from three, he has shot 40% from three to raise is average to 33%. Couple of bad games in a row where he has taken 7 shots. He's been their leading scorer a few times. I think you're being way too hard on him. I'd take his 3 point average the last 20 games over just about anyone's.

 

Hes better than 33% though.

Hes better than 33% though.
And from game 5 on he's 40%. Much more where he should be. His turnover to assist very close to Ruthsatz. McClendon and Thompson 4/13 combined from the field last night as Fredrick went 2/5. Would not say that's killing anyone.
To Nick Fredrick's defense, since his slow start in the first 4 games where he shot 17% from three, he has shot 40% from three to raise is average to 33%. Couple of bad games in a row where he has taken 7 shots. He's been their leading scorer a few times. I think you're being way too hard on him. I'd take his 3 point average the last 20 games over just about anyone's.
And 52 points between Burger and Campbell. Don't think Nick was guarding them.

Amazing that CCH loses on the road in overtime to a team that was expected to beat them badly and so many people comment on the things wrong with CCH. To me, CCH looks like a tough, physical team that is peaking at the right time. IMO they will go on a run and win the district. The big floor at Regents Hall favors CCH because of their speed, conditioning and passing skills. Campbell is a special player, but it takes him a while to get down the floor. I hope Hayden can get healthy, more ankle problems last night. Hayden really helps them get out in transition and they will need him in the district tournament.

Amazing that CCH loses on the road in overtime to a team that was expected to beat them badly and so many people comment on the things wrong with CCH. To me, CCH looks like a tough, physical team that is peaking at the right time. IMO they will go on a run and win the district. The big floor at Regents Hall favors CCH because of their speed, conditioning and passing skills. Campbell is a special player, but it takes him a while to get down the floor. I hope Hayden can get healthy, more ankle problems last night. Hayden really helps them get out in transition and they will need him in the district tournament.

 

While I would never go out on a limb and say any game is a lock, mainly because a lot can happen in any game. I would like to provide two tidbits of information for the 35th District pundits out there. HC is 13-0 on a neutral floor this year including 4-0 on a "big floor." Just saying.

Good showing by CovCath IMO and the pressure should be on Holy Cross in the District matchup.

Any updates on Cambell?? How hes doing?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.