Youth Football

uk#1fan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He better be a stud not playing any positions played by the coaches' sons, or you best coach yourself. I watched a pee-wee or midget game (can't remember the level) a couple years ago, and they had nearly 70 kids with roughly 20 kids getting playing time. I didn't get to see them this year, so I have no clue what their numbers were.

He better be a stud not playing any positions played by the coaches' sons, or you best coach yourself. I watched a pee-wee or midget game (can't remember the level) a couple years ago, and they had nearly 70 kids with roughly 20 kids getting playing time. I didn't get to see them this year, so I have no clue what their numbers were.

I'm so glad my boys play(ed) in the Ft Thomas Jr League. Mandatory playing time for all players. Also one of the big "secrets" of Highlands' success.

uk#1fan, enjoy these times, they go by too quick.

My girlfriends kid scored 24 touchdowns last year my son is pretty athletic he is playing basketball for the little Pioneers right now.

I'm so glad my boys play(ed) in the Ft Thomas Jr League. Mandatory playing time for all players. Also one of the big "secrets" of Highlands' success.

uk#1fan, enjoy these times, they go by too quick.

Thank you and I will I am surprised South Kenton doesn't have a Jr League makes since everybody would get to play then.

I wish the Youth League in Frankfort (FYFL) hadn't been destroyed. Those were the best days back when my boys were young and the league was structured and actually went by the bylaws. It is in a sad shape now. So unfair to the kids that are in that age group. Really sad. I just hope it's not that way everywhere.

Others who know much more can address this better than I can. However, I believe the NKYFL has addressed this to some extent by creating another layer of teams in the younger age group. I think they now have a Midget Division that is just 9 year olds and a Pee Wee Division for the 8 year olds. That provides more opportunities for more kids in the divisions that have the most kids playing.

Others who know much more can address this better than I can. However, I believe the NKYFL has addressed this to some extent by creating another layer of teams in the younger age group. I think they now have a Midget Division that is just 9 year olds and a Pee Wee Division for the 8 year olds. That provides more opportunities for more kids in the divisions that have the most kids playing.

The Jr Division also has a another level last year. The Jr youth teams are made up of 10 year olds and new players. Also look for some great changes this year to scheduling. Some very exciting changes.

That is correct, along with the junior youth mentioned above. My cousin played on the junior youth team and it did wonders for him. Over the years, I've seen the biggest issues and numbers at the starter level. Too much emphasis is placed on winning the superbowl and not developing the kids.

• 2 years later...
Every coach this year in NKYFL is supose to be certified in the USA Football Heads up program.

Great start. Now certify them in heat management, assign a trainer/medic to each practice/game and focus more on teaching and less on winning at all costs.

Most of these programs practice all levels together, same field and same time. A trainer for those two hours per day/3X a week is well worth it if you cannot find a volunteer.

Money well spent IMO. I'm more concerned with heat than injury this time of year. That training should be mandatory NOW.