January 25, 201214 yr Wasn't there an article a while back saying this was on hold for a while anyway?
January 25, 201214 yr No more than 800 to 1000 extra seats, I think that is the waste, at least add 5000 more so a common poor dude has a chance to see a game
January 25, 201214 yr No more than 800 to 1000 extra seats, I think that is the waste, at least add 5000 more so a common poor dude has a chance to see a game I'd imagine all they want to add are the suites. Those are the money makers.
January 25, 201214 yr Author 800-1000 more seats. Upper arena will be chair back instead of bleachers. 8 sided scoreboard above the floor. New entry from Triangle Park...
January 26, 201214 yr A new rupp arena should hold at least 30,000 to 35,000, that gives common hard working people a chance to see games. They should also allow more students in lower arena. Make at least one game like it was for game day a few years ago when it was first come first serve, that was loud and awesome
January 26, 201214 yr A new rupp arena should hold at least 30,000 to 35,000, that gives common hard working people a chance to see games. They should also allow more students in lower arena. Make at least one game like it was for game day a few years ago when it was first come first serve, that was loud and awesome What's stopping them right now?
January 26, 201214 yr A new rupp arena should hold at least 30,000 to 35,000, that gives common hard working people a chance to see games. They should also allow more students in lower arena. Make at least one game like it was for game day a few years ago when it was first come first serve, that was loud and awesome This isn't "new." Its a remodel.
January 26, 201214 yr Author One thing I would change it to have 2 student sections. One for behind each basket.
January 26, 201214 yr What's stopping them right now? The same $ thing that keeps me from owning my own island in the Caribbean $
January 26, 201214 yr Upper arena will be chair back instead of bleachers.The best part, IMO. Mrs. Blutarsky & I rarely go because our backs hurt after the game.
January 26, 201214 yr I'd imagine all they want to add are the suites. Those are the money makers. And that is what they should be focusing on. I'd love to see the "common man" get to see more games. But if you think about it, it is sort of sad that yearly we have the highest attendance average and yet we aren't really close to making the most money off it, which from what I understand is all because of the Party suites they will be putting in. Louisville's Yum Center does it right (never been there but heard) and UK definitely needs to move in a similar direction.
January 26, 201214 yr The same $ thing that keeps me from owning my own island in the Caribbean $ The upper deck is filled with those so called 'hard working common people.' Money is just a lame excuse.
January 26, 201214 yr To go watch a descent team play it would cost me $1,000 if I went with my family.
January 26, 201214 yr I don't think that would change tremendously if more seats were added... Just more of the same.
January 26, 201214 yr To go watch a descent team play it would cost me $1,000 if I went with my family. That's not going to change by adding seats. The good teams will always sell out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.