January 25, 201214 yr The Lexington City Council released images of what the new Rupp will look like... Thoughts?
January 25, 201214 yr Is the plan to dig down and lower the floor and lower section to fit in the boxes?
January 25, 201214 yr I'm curious how they're going to do all of this without UK missing any home games.
January 25, 201214 yr Is the plan to dig down and lower the floor and lower section to fit in the boxes? Pretty sure they're raising the top...
January 25, 201214 yr Slideshow from the architect http://www.ruppdistrict.com/pdfs/PublicForum2.pdf any idea on how you can view this, its just in a little box on my screen in pdf format.
January 25, 201214 yr any idea on how you can view this, its just in a little box on my screen in pdf format.Not worth the time viewing anyway.
January 25, 201214 yr Pretty sure they're raising the top... Wow. If that means the highest seats are going even higher, they are going to need to install oxygen machines up there ... and issue binoculars with your tickets.
January 25, 201214 yr Wow. If that means the highest seats are going even higher, they are going to need to install oxygen machines up there ... and issue binoculars with your tickets. The higher seats will be the same distance away whether they raise the arena or dig into the ground.
January 25, 201214 yr ^ Either way, they'll still be farther away from the floor. When they did the Freedom Hall remodel back in the 1980s, I know the dug out 10 feet of dirt to make the floor lower into the ground, but I believe they also did something with the roof as well. Considering I was a year old when that happened, maybe another Louisvillian can shed some light on that one.
January 25, 201214 yr The higher seats will be the same distance away whether they raise the arena or dig into the ground. :lol: :ohbrother: I guess you can tell I'm not in construction.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.