Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Revamped Rupp Arena

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A new rupp arena should hold at least 30,000 to 35,000, that gives common hard working people a chance to see games.

 

Many people thought that when Rupp was built it would be big enough to meet the ticket demands of the public, however, obviously that is not the case. If the "Big House" can't meet the demand for tickets of the University of Michigan's faithful, it would be impossible to build a basketball arena capable of doing this for the Big Blue Nation. Bottom line demand exceeds supply by an incredible margin. If you can't land a ticket to a UK game now, my guess is you probably wouldn't be able to with another 7-12,000 seats. :)

Many people thought that when Rupp was built it would be big enough to meet the ticket demands of the public, however, obviously that is not the case. If the "Big House" can't meet the demand for tickets of the University of Michigan's faithful, it would be impossible to build a basketball arena capable of doing this for the Big Blue Nation. Bottom line demand exceeds supply by an incredible margin. If you can't land a ticket to a UK game now, my guess is you probably wouldn't be able to with another 7-12,000 seats. :)
But your odds would be better.:D

I'll take chair backs in 223. My seats are in the end zone. From what I read, there gonna rebuild from the concourses up. I like the look.

Anyone see the tweet from Patterson about the new design?

they are not making rupp actually bigger, only making it so they can get more money donar seats

 

a 1,000 more seats isnt worth the cost of expansion

 

I don't think you realize how much money they are missing out on every game by not having "Party suite" or "corporate boxes", whatever you want to call them. And I don't know the amount, but over time it is a very substantial amount of money I'd imagine.

I don't think you realize how much money they are missing out on every game by not having "Party suite" or "corporate boxes", whatever you want to call them. And I don't know the amount, but over time it is a very substantial amount of money I'd imagine.

 

I can't remember the dollar amount UL has generated from suites, but I recall it being a pretty staggering number. Revamped Rupp won't match the number that UL has, but it'll at least be something.

they are not making rupp actually bigger, only making it so they can get more money donar seats

 

a 1,000 more seats isnt worth the cost of expansion

 

It's not about the seats. It's about the suites, and they are more than worth it.

I can't remember the dollar amount UL has generated from suites, but I recall it being a pretty staggering number. Revamped Rupp won't match the number that UL has, but it'll at least be something.

 

Why? UK has donors that'll shell out tons of money for those suites.

I'll take chair backs in 223. My seats are in the end zone. From what I read, there gonna rebuild from the concourses up. I like the look.

 

Chair backs would be great. However, when sitting in the upper arena, the area between the seat rows is so narrow that my knees are usually killing me by halftime. Any chance they address that issue?

Chair backs would be great. However, when sitting in the upper arena, the area between the seat rows is so narrow that my knees are usually killing me by halftime. Any chance they address that issue?

 

Its my understanding the whole upper arena would be redone. My knees also are an issue. At least the knee to the back would be gone, or the foot to the back end...hopefully.

 

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/25/2040961/gray-says-rupp-arena-task-force.html

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.