January 25, 201214 yr That was some ugly basketball. Kentucky stunk it up on the offensive end. They played in spurts but really didn't have one in the second half. Just the type of game that can leave you uneasy. Really Mille,r MKG and Teague were the only ones to have solid offensive performances. While Teague only scored 2 points he had 7 assists 0 turnovers and 7 rebounds.
January 25, 201214 yr Author Does Jimmy Dykes speak in run-on sentences so UK fans can understand him??? :sssh:Mrs. Blutarsky & I were just happy that it wasn't Dick Vitale!
January 25, 201214 yr I was happy with Miller's play. He shot the ball with such confidence and didn't hesitate. He knocked down one of those 3's with a guy right in his face. Jones isn't filling it up, but I really do think he's playing hard and has been for quite a few games. Diving on the floor and jumping out of bounds for loose balls several times last night. MKG with a typical stat line. Wiljter had some nice minutes as well. And as for Teague, he had a very solid game last night. Sure he didn't score, but he ran the offense and I don't think you can ever argue with your point guard having 7 assists with 0 turnovers. On to LSU.
January 25, 201214 yr I'm not sure if it was too much Bobby Knight last night or if Jimmy cut back on his catch phrases, but Dykes was tolerable tonight. I agree. He has been the last game or two. Makes me wonder if there was some type of production meeting with Jimmy being the main topic.
January 25, 201214 yr A shining example of why you play good or great defense. Sometimes, the offense won't be there. Kentucky was 7-23 from the field in the second half.
January 25, 201214 yr I thought UK was most effective against the zone when Wiltjer, Miller & Lamb were all three on the floor. Those are the three best shooters & I think that's when the most damage was done.
January 25, 201214 yr Problem is Wiltjer is a huge liability on the court if he's not in a position to simply catch and shoot.
January 25, 201214 yr Problem is Wiltjer is a huge liability on the court if he's not in a position to simply catch and shoot. Agree with you, but I think he's improving in that regard. Where I'd like to see Wiltjer improve is when they put him in the middle of the zone. He can be lethal there once he finds his way.
January 25, 201214 yr Problem is Wiltjer is a huge liability on the court if he's not in a position to simply catch and shoot. Gotta disagree there. I think he's fine on the offensive end all around, its just his defense that needs (a lot of) work. He averages 6 points in 13 minutes a game. 43% FG, 35% 3P, 87% FT
January 25, 201214 yr ^He's clueless on offense too. That's apparant from just watching him, and watching Cal scream and point at him where he needs to be. If he touches the ball and has to make a decision other than shoot, he's clueless.
January 25, 201214 yr ^He's clueless on offense too. That's apparant from just watching him, and watching Cal scream and point at him where he needs to be. If he touches the ball and has to make a decision other than shoot, he's clueless. By that standard, the entire team is clueless.
January 25, 201214 yr LOL wow 19-1 ranked #1 in the country and still has all these problems . How good will they be if they get all these problems fixed ,
January 25, 201214 yr LOL wow 19-1 ranked #1 in the country and still has all these problems . How good will they be if they get all these problems fixed , National Champion good. But if they don't fix these issues, another near miss. BBN sees a title in this group and they aren't going to cut them any slack.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.