December 24, 201114 yr I was at the game today and just bought my tickets to the game next week! I can't wait!!!! They gave me a scare at the end, but they won and that is all that matters! Who Dey!
December 24, 201114 yr Any idea who the Bengals would have the tiebreaker over though? From what I can figure out the Bengals don't want to end in a three way tie or more, because they wouldn't do well in the tiebreakers. So they just need to win next week. However the Bengals can clinch the playoffs without even having to win if: The Chargers lose to the lions today, and then beat the Raiders next week. And if the Jets lose to Miami. If those two things happen the Bengals will make it still without even having to win. Which those two things very well could happen. However lets just go beat the Ravens next week!
December 24, 201114 yr Jerome Simpson's touchdown might be one of the most absurd things I'll see in football. Happened right in front of where I was sitting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7KPZrv7JWE
December 25, 201114 yr Jerome Simpson's touchdown might be one of the most absurd things I'll see in football. Happened right in front of where I was sitting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7KPZrv7JWE I was in section 146 for the game and saw it up close too! It was amazing!
December 25, 201114 yr The Bengals/Ravens game could be flexed to Sunday Night next week. We all know that if the Bengals win that they are in the playoffs, and that is the easiest way to make it. However they can also make it if the Raiders and Jets lose next week. The Raiders play the Chargers, and the Jets play the Dolphins. So both teams could lose those games, and that would also get the Bengals in.
December 25, 201114 yr The Bengals/Ravens game could be flexed to Sunday Night next week. We all know that if the Bengals win that they are in the playoffs, and that is the easiest way to make it. However they can also make it if the Raiders and Jets lose next week. The Raiders play the Chargers, and the Jets play the Dolphins. So both teams could lose those games, and that would also get the Bengals in. I forgot about the Broncos. So if the Bengals were to lose, they would need the Jets to lose. And then either the Raiders or Broncos to lose. The Broncos play the Chiefs who have Kyle Orton who will be looking to show the Denver fanbase that he was not that bad of a QB to have. So there are still other possibilities if the Bengals lose. However I think the Bengals will go out and get the win! Who Dey!
December 25, 201114 yr Author According to ESPN, if the Bengals lose to the Ravens they would need The Titans to win with the Jets and Raiders to lose.
December 25, 201114 yr According to ESPN, if the Bengals lose to the Ravens they would need The Titans to win with the Jets and Raiders to lose. ESPN is wrong. It's not the first time or last time that they been wrong either. The Titans game means nothing to the Bengals, doesn't matter if the Titans win or lose. Titans have 7 losses, if they lose they have 8 losses. Broncos, Raiders, and Jets all have 7 losses. The Jets have to lose for the Bengals to have any shot if the Bengals lose to the Raiders. However if the Jets lose all they need is a loss by the Raiders or Broncos. If the Broncos win, and Raiders lose Broncos win the division so no threat to the wild card. If the Broncos lose and Raiders win, then Raiders win the division. So I don't know why ESPN has that the Titans have to win, because they are wrong. They need a Jets loss and either the Raiders or Broncos to lose. That is only if the Bengals lose to the Ravens which I don't think they will.
December 25, 201114 yr I see kickoff is set for 4:15? Yeah it got moved back to the 4:15 time. So by kickoff the Bengals will know if the Jets lost or not. Which if the Jets lost, then all they would need is the Broncos or Raiders to lose. If one of them lose then the Ravens game wouldn't even matter.
December 25, 201114 yr Another question. What does a win or a loss mean to the Ravens? It would be nice if they wanted to rest their players?
December 25, 201114 yr I know that things have not looked the greatest for them week in and out, but from a realistic perspective, who actually thought they would be playing for the last spot in to the playoffs? I know I didn't.
December 25, 201114 yr Author Another question. What does a win or a loss mean to the Ravens? It would be nice if they wanted to rest their players?The Steelers lose at 1 then they will have already clinched the division and a bye. Steelers win, then they would have to beat the Bengals to win the division. If both Pittsburgh and New England lose at 1, a Ravens win would give them home field. So it all depends how they decide to play it.
December 25, 201114 yr I know that things have not looked the greatest for them week in and out, but from a realistic perspective, who actually thought they would be playing for the last spot in to the playoffs? I know I didn't. This guy did! I sure caught a lot of heat for it too! People telling me to keep drinking the kool aid and looking through my orange tinted glasses. I also got homer of the week on ESPN AFC Norths blog for suggesting that the Bengals have a team that could make a run at it. Apparently I was one of the only ones who was able to look past the Bengals past, and saw what was now and in front of us. Which was a young but talented team! I think they find a way to get it done again this week, and go into the playoffs with finally beating a top team and all the confidence in the world!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.