Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 95 Memphis 87

Featured Replies

Final. I am a UK fan, however I really like how this UL team plays. They are really good!

I'm really amazed with the depth of this team. I know that Memphis has a few losses, but they are very young and are going to be a force as the season goes deeper and next year. Russ Smith was dynamite today and considering the time he has missed playing, Buckles looked very good today too. New Years Eve can't come fast enough; can't wait for the Cards/Cats game. GO CARDS!!!

Good win for the Cards. If all goes to plan, we should have the first top 5 matchup between UK-UL on New Years Eve.

This team is really fun. Examples of selflessness on this squad: Chris Smith and Kyle Kuric gave up their scholarships to make room for some others due to a little snafu. Smith's uncle was an NBA star and Kuric's dad a neurologist so they could afford the tab.

 

Dieng looks like he is turning into a force.

I loathe Memphis State, but I gotta give a double thumbs-up :thumb::thumb: for the Tigers' smooth jerseys.

Cant wait til 12/31

Loved the decision to start Buckles yesterday. As he continues his recovery and gets closer to 100%, his athleticism and length are going to be a real asset moving forward. He had two plays that I'll definitely remember: where he dribbled behind his back to avoid a defender, then ultimately scored a bucket; had another where he reached behind him for a rebound that was only possible to get thanks to great awareness and the benefit of having arms that hang down to his knees. He's going to be a huge part of the team's success this year. It's also great to have him back since he gives the team a lot more height at the 4 than Behanan does... being able to sub those two guys in and out for each other at power forward is fantastic.

Dieng looks like he is turning into a force.

 

40 minutes for Dieng is... a lot. Pitino said in the press conference that the only reason he let it happen is that the refs called so many fouls that he felt as though Dieng was getting a breather every couple possessions. :lol: Without a true backup at 5 since he seems reluctant to play Price, I'm curious to see how many minutes he plays against Georgetown and Kentucky next week.

One of the most entertaining games I've watched in a very long time...so many athletic players with quickness and leaping ability....playground basketball with no signs of structured offense.....should have played this one outdoors somewhere with no officials......great entertainment!!!

40 minutes for Dieng is... a lot. Pitino said in the press conference that the only reason he let it happen is that the refs called so many fouls that he felt as though Dieng was getting a breather every couple possessions. :lol: Without a true backup at 5 since he seems reluctant to play Price, I'm curious to see how many minutes he plays against Georgetown and Kentucky next week.

Getslow,

Do you think Van Trease can adequately give Dieng a break here and there? I think he can. At this point, I'm all over the place in trying to handicap the UL-UK game. No doubt UL is much deeper and could possibly tire UK, whereas, UK's starters are athletically superior. Earlier, I had thought guard play might be UK's Achilles Heel against UL, but I am not so sure now. Even it were not such a rivalry game, it would be tremendously interesting on many levels.

These are the type of Pitino teams that are really fun to watch and easy to like.

Getslow,

Do you think Van Trease can adequately give Dieng a break here and there? I think he can. At this point, I'm all over the place in trying to handicap the UL-UK game. No doubt UL is much deeper and could possibly tire UK, whereas, UK's starters are athletically superior. Earlier, I had thought guard play might be UK's Achilles Heel against UL, but I am not so sure now. Even it were not such a rivalry game, it would be tremendously interesting on many levels.

 

Is Van Treese expected to come back from his injury sometime in the next week? He hasn't been playing due to a knee issue and I don't recall what his recovery timetable looks like. It's a possibility that Pitino may do that since Van Treese (when healthy) has been able to rebound pretty well and can run the floor pretty well also. From a size standpoint, he's not a great matchup, standing 6-9. When Buckles first came back a couple weeks ago, Pitino was using him to back up the 5, but he's SO much better at the 4 that I would think Pitino will play him there as much as possible.

 

I'm with you on attempting to handicap the UofL-UK matchup. My initial gut reaction is that there's no way Louisville can compete. But there have been some encouraging things to point to as well.

This Card team is starting to look very good. They are better than my favorite team....be awhile since I have said that. Nice win yesterday.

Loved the decision to start Buckles yesterday. As he continues his recovery and gets closer to 100%, his athleticism and length are going to be a real asset moving forward. He had two plays that I'll definitely remember: where he dribbled behind his back to avoid a defender, then ultimately scored a bucket; had another where he reached behind him for a rebound that was only possible to get thanks to great awareness and the benefit of having arms that hang down to his knees. He's going to be a huge part of the team's success this year. It's also great to have him back since he gives the team a lot more height at the 4 than Behanan does... being able to sub those two guys in and out for each other at power forward is fantastic.

 

I completely agree.

Gee the #4 ranked team in the nation defeats Memphis at home by 8 points while little old Murray State (unranked) Racers defeat Memphis by 3 at Memphis and the UofL fans are happy?

 

Either Murray State is being ripped by not be ranked, or UofL is overrated! You tell me which one!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.