Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 95 Memphis 87

Featured Replies

I loathe Memphis State, but I gotta give a double thumbs-up :thumb::thumb: for the Tigers' smooth jerseys.
I never heard an explanation for those ... it's a color scheme I've never seen from Memphis.

 

Throwback uniforms, maybe from the ABA team they had about 40 years ago?

Gee the #4 ranked team in the nation defeats Memphis at home by 8 points while little old Murray State (unranked) Racers defeat Memphis by 3 at Memphis and the UofL fans are happy?

 

Either Murray State is being ripped by not be ranked, or UofL is overrated! You tell me which one!

1) MSU is ranked.

 

2) Comparitive scoring is silly. If it isn't, explain:

 

UofL 79, LBSU 66

UNC 84, LBSU 78

UK 73, UNC 72

 

Doesn't that mean Louisville is 7 points better than UNC? And Louisville should beat UK by 5?

 

The obvious answer, taking nothing away from Murray, is that Memphis was caught looking ahead to a marquee rivalry game that hasn't been played in 6+ years.

Wouldn't UK have had to actually play LBSU for this to work? Murray played Memphis as did Louisville...now if Louisville played and beat UNC by 6 your argument would be the same.

 

Just a thought?

 

1) MSU is ranked.

 

2) Comparitive scoring is silly. If it isn't, explain:

 

UofL 79, LBSU 66

UNC 84, LBSU 78

UK 73, UNC 72

 

Doesn't that mean Louisville is 7 points better than UNC? And Louisville should beat UK by 5?

 

The obvious answer, taking nothing away from Murray, is that Memphis was caught looking ahead to a marquee rivalry game that hasn't been played in 6+ years.

What a fun game this was to watch and wow was it loud in there at times!!

Wouldn't UK have had to actually play LBSU for this to work? Murray played Memphis as did Louisville...now if Louisville played and beat UNC by 6 your argument would be the same.

 

Just a thought?

I have no argument other than to say that comparing scores is a silly way to measure teams, which is a point that has been made on this site many times in the past by BGP luminaries.

Watching this game, I thought both teams (especially Memphis) looked pretty darn sloppy. UofL vs UK should be a good one though.

UL is starting to scare me a little as a UK fan the healthier they get. I'm really glad this one is in Rupp this year just in case. I am going to buy myself another Christmas gift. Got myself UNC tix, now I need to take my Cards fan fiance to the UK v UL game!

 

Plus, being as I live in Louisville, I really want to go to a big time UL game this year. I've heard a lot of good things about the arena and the atmosphere.

I never heard an explanation for those ... it's a color scheme I've never seen from Memphis.

 

Throwback uniforms, maybe from the ABA team they had about 40 years ago?

 

These are throwbacks to the Memphis State days of the 1972 and before. Up until that time, colors were darker blue, red and white. Went to the lighter blue and white theme I believe in 1972.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.