Beechwood 54 Ryle 50

cshs81

While this will not make waves around the state, to me this is a big deal in NKY. Yes, Ryle is not as good as the JD days but they're still a big 4A school who should be able to find some b-ball talent.

Good to see Romes have another big game. I'm looking forward to January 4th.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051223/SPT0302/512230419/1068/SPT

What doesnt make since to me is how Gray Middle School wins the 8th grasde championship like every year and Ryle is still not a dominating ball club. They have two 8th graders right now that are both 6"2 a peace. They have tremendous talent all the time but where does it all go to.

It's good to see Beechwood basketball get a little more recognition. Romes had a nice ball game and he got some help from a nice group of supporting players. Maricle, Moore, and even Sawyer have enough basketball talent to make a nice team.

Although advancing to the regional tournament is not the only achievment that can make for a good season, Beechwood will have trouble competing with the 3 powers in their district.

I like Beechwood to win the Division III conference title this year. Ludlow certainly has enough talent to challenge them but seems to lack the fire.

As for Ryle Basketball. I have often wondered how a school that size can have such weak basketball teams (the Justin Doellman years aside of course). I don't think that it is coaching. Nate seems to get the most of the players that are on the court but it doesn't appear that he has the talent I would expect from that size of school.

They don't typically have much size and usually lack the speed and shooting ability to make up for it. They remind me a lot of Campbell County who always seems to have great AAU teams but they don't transform into great high school teams. Maybe tradition and program pride make more difference than student body size.

What doesnt make since to me is how Gray Middle School wins the 8th grasde championship like every year and Ryle is still not a dominating ball club. They have two 8th graders right now that are both 6"2 a peace. They have tremendous talent all the time but where does it all go to.

My opinion is that middle school/frosh team results are meaningless when it comes to predicting the future of a high school team.

Is the middle school team competing against all middle schools? No.

Does varsity basketball only have one grade playing? No. Its the best of the best at each school.

The bigger question at Ryle is where is the talent? 1400 kids should be able to produce more talent than Ryle has put on the floor.

IM4RYLE,

How does your alma mater Morgan County match up with Beechwood next Tuesday??

I haven't been able to see the Cougars this year, only what I've read on here. I did watch the Ryle-Beechwood game last night. If Morgan can hold Romes down, I think they can win by double digits. That of course is based upon what everyone says Morgan's strengths are. You better believe I'll be there to cheer them on Tuesday!