Montgomery County 80 Paris 64

Final per a friend of mine. He said the Indians were down 4 going into the 4th quarter.

Wow. Paris must be better than most thought. Thought that Montgomery would win by this much just didn't think it would be this close end of 3rd quarter. Congrats to MC on the district win.

Jacobs fouled out with 33 points, 10 rebounds 6 assists, 5 steals and 5 dunks. Had he not fouled out, I really believed that Paris would've won the game. Montgomery had no answer for him. And it also didn't help when Paris' point guard (Downey) picked up his fourth foul in the first quarter!

Jacobs fouled out with 33 points, 10 rebounds 6 assists, 5 steals and 5 dunks. Had he not fouled out, I really believed that Paris would've won the game. Montgomery had no answer for him. And it also didn't help when Paris' point guard (Downey) picked up his fourth foul in the first quarter!

I asked the question in another thread about Paris being under-ranked, guess I am getting my answer with thier play on the court.

Montgomery County

Prewitt 25 pts, 6 rebs

Crisp 14 pts, 3 rebs

Handshoe 25 pts, 4 rebs

Fruth 9 pts, 2 rebs

Jones 7 pts, 6 rebs

Kelly 2 rebs

Combs 1 reb

FG% 54.2

3pt% 44.4

FT% 66.7

Paris

Barker 5 pts, 3 rebs

Oliver 2 pts, 5 rebs

Stevens 2 rebs

Alamilla 5 pts

Jacobs 33 pts, 8 rebs

Howard 6 pts, 1 reb

Downey 13 pts, 3 rebs

Clark 1 reb

FG% 46.4

3pt% 42.1

FT% 57.1

Montgomery County 15 23 12 30 80

Paris 21 12 21 10 64

Very tough game for the Indians, but I think Montgomery County's conditioning paid off. Paris quit after Jacobs fouled out.

I saw some new things tonight. 1. It was a girl/boy doubleheader and the same referees called both games. 2. Technical fouls were called on 2 Paris players when they fouled out for yanking their jerseys out of their shorts.

Very tough game for the Indians, but I think Montgomery County's conditioning paid off. Paris quit after Jacobs fouled out.

I saw some new things tonight. 1. It was a girl/boy doubleheader and the same referees called both games. 2. Technical fouls were called on 2 Paris players when they fouled out for yanking their jerseys out of their shorts.

'

I'm surprised the same officials did both games.

Wow. Paris must be better than most thought. Thought that Montgomery would win by this much just didn't think it would be this close end of 3rd quarter. Congrats to MC on the district win.

Is Montgomery County over-rated or is Paris under-rated?

The 10th is wide open.

I think you are looking at a year where there is some good individual talent but it is very spread out in the region. I think that leaves some good but not great teams and every team has some flaws. Districts and regional are going to be crazy as any of the 8 teams that make it of of districts has a shot at winning the region.

Clyde, is the pulling out of the player's jersey when fouling out one of the point of interest to refs. this year? I for one totally agree with this. Players that foul out should do what the Coach is instructing them to do to give the Coach time to talk to his players while entering a sub. into the game. Most important the display of bad attitude and sportmanship.