Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery County 80 Paris 64

Featured Replies

Is Montgomery County over-rated or is Paris under-rated?

 

My opinion on Paris is simple: They have one of the top 3, if not the best, player in the region in Aaron Jacobs and on a given night when he scores 33 and some other kids make plays they can compete. The meltdown coincided with Jacobs going to the bench. Having said that, I believe Montgomery County would have still pulled it out (we will obviously never know).

 

For those that don't think Jacobs is that good, if you moved him to Montgomery County or Pendleton or any team in the 10th people consider a contender, he would instantly make them the prohibitive favorite in the region. He's that good.

'

 

I'm surprised the same officials did both games.

 

I have heard there will be several games this year that will be done this way. Mandated that varsity contests (boy/girl) use three officials.

As stated before, if Paris is leading the #1 ranked team in the region, and as open as this region is, Paris is a contender right now if they can learn to keep thier cool and play team defense.

'

 

I'm surprised the same officials did both games.

 

I agree with this. I don't think I have heard of this for the Varsity level. Also seems to be a lot of programs that are scheduling more Girls/Boys games than in the past.

 

I think Paris is going to give more 10th region teams issues that anyone will give them credit for. Jacobs seems to be on fire and if given the support he needs - Paris could find themselves far along in the tournies.

Very tough game for the Indians, but I think Montgomery County's conditioning paid off. Paris quit after Jacobs fouled out.

 

I saw some new things tonight. 1. It was a girl/boy doubleheader and the same referees called both games. 2. Technical fouls were called on 2 Paris players when they fouled out for yanking their jerseys out of their shorts.

 

'

 

I'm surprised the same officials did both games.

 

I have heard there will be several games this year that will be done this way. Mandated that varsity contests (boy/girl) use three officials.

 

I agree with this. I don't think I have heard of this for the Varsity level. Also seems to be a lot of programs that are scheduling more Girls/Boys games than in the past.

 

I think Paris is going to give more 10th region teams issues that anyone will give them credit for. Jacobs seems to be on fire and if given the support he needs - Paris could find themselves far along in the tournies.

 

Every region in the state is required to use 3 officials for all Varsity games. With the shortage of officials in the 10th and 11th region (licensed that is), you are going to see a lot of crews pulling doubles. I have no problem with it and don't think their will be any problems.

As far as pulling the shirt out of the pants, it is a rule but I've never seen it called. Something tells me those players said something as they walked off the court and pulled their shirts out of their pants, but I don't know that for a fact.

Every region in the state is required to use 3 officials for all Varsity games. With the shortage of officials in the 10th and 11th region (licensed that is), you are going to see a lot of crews pulling doubles. I have no problem with it and don't think their will be any problems.

As far as pulling the shirt out of the pants, it is a rule but I've never seen it called. Something tells me those players said something as they walked off the court and pulled their shirts out of their pants, but I don't know that for a fact.

 

I would like to think that, but one happened directly in front of me. It took the player a few seconds to realize it was number 5 so as he was walking off the court, he pulled his jersey out. As soon as it was out, the official from the far end of the court came in and called the technical.

I would like to think that, but one happened directly in front of me. It took the player a few seconds to realize it was number 5 so as he was walking off the court, he pulled his jersey out. As soon as it was out, the official from the far end of the court came in and called the technical.

 

Wow.. Sounds like someone with a quick trigger. Bet I could guess who it was, but I won't.

I think that rule is rediculous. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a player, when subbed out by his coach, untucks his jersey before he reaches the bench. Should that be a technical as well?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.