Will Any of the Games be Competitive/Close This Weekend? If So, Which Ones?

3A will be a blowout.

You may be right, but if Belfry can eliminate turnovers (that have haunted them in the past) and control the clock and number of Central possessions by having long scoring drives, this game could be closer than many are expecting. Central is good, make that very good, and Wales is, as the Ru likes to say, all that and a bag of chips, but for some reason I think Belfry can play with Central if Belfry plays mistake free football. Looked like to me that Central doesn't have the really big D linemen on the D line this year and those big D linemen really helped them defend against Belfry's pound the middle football in the past. Plus, Belfry has a very physical O line and FB this year. So if Belfry doesn't leave the ball on the carpet, they may be able to have long scoring drives due to success between the tackles. Defensively, Central's speed is going to cause Belfry's D absolute fits. Belfry defenders better all be flying to the ball because I doubt the first defender is going to make the tackle very often. Both teams have great coaches. Both teams have a lot of state championship experience so neither team should be awestruck for the first quarter. Could be one heck of a game.

I agree with the 2A comments.

On paper the other games look like a stretch but you just never know.

Considering the weather will be so nice in BG and WKU is such a great venue I think this weekend is worth a look/see.

Are you going? I know I will be down there this weekend, I am leaving early tomorrow morning.

You may be right, but if Belfry can eliminate turnovers (that have haunted them in the past) and control the clock and number of Central possessions by having long scoring drives, this game could be closer than many are expecting. Central is good, make that very good, and Wales is, as the Ru likes to say, all that and a bag of chips, but for some reason I think Belfry can play with Central if Belfry plays mistake free football. Looked like to me that Central doesn't have the really big D linemen on the D line this year and those big D linemen really helped them defend against Belfry's pound the middle football in the past. Plus, Belfry has a very physical O line and FB this year. So if Belfry doesn't leave the ball on the carpet, they may be able to have long scoring drives due to success between the tackles. Defensively, Central's speed is going to cause Belfry's D absolute fits. Belfry defenders better all be flying to the ball because I doubt the first defender is going to make the tackle very often. Both teams have great coaches. Both teams have a lot of state championship experience so neither team should be awestruck for the first quarter. Could be one heck of a game.

The only person outside of Pond Creek who thinks Belfry can make it respectable. :taz:

I would like to agree with everything you said, but I even I will admit in order for Belfry to make this a close game, let alone win, they will essentially need to play flawless football and hope Central comes with anything but their A-game. People are treating Belfry as if they don't even deserve to be playing in this game... but if we were using the old 2004 Alignment the Pirates probably would be the favorite for the 2A crown entering this weekend. This Pirate team is light year's better and return a massive amount of talent from last year's team.