Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross 41 Holmes 0

Featured Replies

Game called in the 3rd quarter due to power failure, according to the Scoreboard. Was anybody there to shed any light (sorry, couldn't resist) on this one?

It is not the first time they have had light issues this year.

Well, Holy Cross was the home team even if that game was at Holmes so I'm blaming them! LOL

So they called it? Went to the Bellevue Ludlow game where I sat and watch nothing for 45 minutes because only half the lights worked at Ludlow. What is wrong with the stadiums in this area? Ludlow, Holmes, Dayton (walls caving in)? Put some effort into maintenance.

The circuit breaker blew and couldn't be repaired so the game was called with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. I showed up to this game halfway though the 2nd qtr because of work and I must say that in the 12 minutes of this game that I saw, it was the most unsportsmanlike I have ever seen a team play. It was almost every single play that Holmes received a personal foul. Several of their players should have been ejected from the game(ex:#11) for blatantly punching HC players while standing in front of the refs. They did receive penalties for these actions but this game would have gotten way out of hand, the way it was going. Anyway, from what I understand HC put up a quick 21 early on and never took their foot off the gas. It also didn't hurt with all the help Holmes was giving them in penalty yards.

Game called at 8:40 in the 3rd due to stadium lights only going out. Refs were about to assess 2 15 yd PF penalties against Holmes after another turnover by the Bulldogs.

What is being posted here is sad for a once proud Holmes Bulldog program. I hope they can get serious and turn things around. Congrats to HC, way to bounce back after a loss.

Some stats for Holy Cross:

 

Kyle Fuller - rushing: 14 for 81 yards and 2 TDs - passing: 12 of 20 for 304 yards, 4 TDs, and 1 INT.

Eric Walker - 4 catches for 165 yards and 2 TDs.

 

I confirm that there was exactly 8:40 left in the 3rd quarter when the game was called. It seemed appropriate that on Halloween weekend, the Covington City Championship was called early due to a power failure. Seriously, it might have been a blessing that the game ended when it did. With playoffs starting next week, kids did not need to get hurt. The previous post about personal fouls was not an exaggeration. No handshakes. Players were sent to the bus in the dark. A player from Holmes quit in the middle of the first quarter, took off his uniform, and went into the stands. Very unfortunate scene.

As a follower of Holmes, it was an embarrassing display.

Very unfortunate to see this. I thought the officials were at fault too. They allowed things to get bogged down and took forever to make calls. However, some of the extra curricular was uncalled for.

It probably was a good thing that the lights went out.

As for the light situation, I think the Holmes campus underwent a lot of renovation on their campus which may be causing a strain on the grounds somewhere.

Holy Cross has a decent little team.

Previous post were very correct, it was a good thing this was called early. Holmes was throwing cheap shots very early and everyone knew it was going to be bad but it ended up pitiful. The coaching staff should be blamed.

The Beechwood-Holmes game was similar, but Beechwood earned half the blame. Coach Liggins of Holmes called his team together at that game and it was apparent he was reading them the riot act. I am not sure if Holmes coaching staff is part of the problem or not, but I have to credit Liggins for what I saw on that particular night.

Liggins attended one of our Holmes luncheons and heis a very positive guy. I hope he does not become frustrated and leave.

The Beechwood-Holmes game was similar, but Beechwood earned half the blame. Coach Liggins of Holmes called his team together at that game and it was apparent he was reading them the riot act. I am not sure if Holmes coaching staff is part of the problem or not, but I have to credit Liggins for what I saw on that particular night.

Liggins attended one of our Holmes luncheons and heis a very positive guy. I hope he does not become frustrated and leave.

I would say they are part of the problem. This in no way was the first game they had with personal fouls. The coaching staff has been dealing with this all year and they can control the players. If the players uses the energy to play instead of was the energy for the dirty play they might have won a few more games. The staff needs to teach them that. I am sure they tried but trying does not make you a coach.

So they called it? Went to the Bellevue Ludlow game where I sat and watch nothing for 45 minutes because only half the lights worked at Ludlow. What is wrong with the stadiums in this area? Ludlow, Holmes, Dayton (walls caving in)? Put some effort into maintenance.

 

Ludlow was due to a power outage...not a lack of maintenance.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.