Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does your church fly Old Glory in the sanctuary?

Featured Replies

Bit of a controversy at my church this week. Wondering what your church does and/or your opinion on the topic.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be surprised if any church can fly the flag these days. Probably just a matter of time until they can no longer do this.

No, thank God.

I would be surprised if any church can fly the flag these days. Probably just a matter of time until they can no longer do this.

 

Why? I can see it the other way around but I'm not sure why a Church couldn't/shouldn't fly the flag.

Yes also both outside and inside along with the flag of the Vatican .

No, my church doesn't.

Yes also both outside and inside along with the flag of the Vatican .

 

Mine has both of these as well.

Bit of a controversy at my church this week. Wondering what your church does and/or your opinion on the topic.

 

Care to expound on the controversy?

Yes, and the Baptist Flag too.

 

I'm curious Larry, what is the Baptist flag?

 

I know about what's commonly called the "Christian Flag." Are they one in the same?

They don't fly one in the Church, but right outside they do....Not sure why anyone would object to the American Flag being flown anywhere in AMERICA.

They don't fly one in the Church, but right outside they do....Not sure why anyone would object to the American Flag being flown anywhere in AMERICA.

 

I'm uncomfortable with it in the sanctuary. For this believer, the Kingdom of God is greater than the kingdom of this or any nation. :thumb:

I'm uncomfortable with it in the sanctuary. For this believer, the Kingdom of God is greater than the kingdom of this or any nation. :thumb:

 

Not to split hairs, but do you mean the sanctuary specifically as in "the area immediately surrounding the altar" or the sanctuary as in "within the physical body of the church"? I'd agree that it shouldn't be up around the altar, but I don't see why there is any reason it can't be inside of the church.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.