Top 10 teams in the Bluegrass State??

RMGS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few teams I haven't seen yet, but of those I have seen, I would put all of the following in my top 10, and likely would have a hard time moving them out, regardless of what I might see in upcoming weeks:

Scott Co.

South Laurel

Henry Clay

Bryan Station

Pendleton Co.

There's a few teams I haven't seen yet, but of those I have seen, I would put all of the following in my top 10, and likely would have a hard time moving them out, regardless of what I might see in upcoming weeks:

Scott Co.

South Laurel

Henry Clay

Bryan Station

Pendleton Co.

I agree with that.

1.South Laurel(4-1)

Key win(s):@ North Laurel 65-47

2.John Hardin(6-0)

Key win(s):@ North Hardin 65-48,Doss 56-54,Warren Central 68-57

3.Covington Catholic(6-0)

Key win(s)@Dunbar 69-58,Lafayette 60-49

4.Jeffersontown(7-0)

Key win(s):@Male 64-63.

5.Elizabethtown(6-0)

Key win(s):@Fairdale 65-56,@North Hardin 85-42

6.Scott Co.(5-1)

Key win(s):@Ballard 69-64,Henry Clay 94-72,UHA 86-68,Holmes 77-69

7.Doss(6-1)

Key win(s):PRP 67-46,Manuel twice 67-43 & 90-87

8.PRP(7-1)

Key win(s):Shelby Co. 66-58

9.Shelby Co.(6-1)

Key win(s):Trinity twice 37-34 & 51-45,@Madision Central 55-63

10.Barren County(3-0)

Key win(s):Ohio County 62-56,@ AC-Scottsville 43-39.

John and E-Town will play tonight in the KOB championship the winner will in my opinion should be #2 and loser #3.

IMO, Pendleton County should be rated in the top 10. They are 5-1 with a loss to a Nationally ranked St. Louis Vashon team by 11. Keep in mind they have defeated a state ranked Homes team, a pretty good Dunbar team and last year's Florida 6A state champs Miami Senior.

Pendleton Co. is a top 10 team, but I think if they continue to roll thru the holiday tournaments posting impressive wins, you will find them in the top five come the first of the year. The more big game experience that the kids they have in the starting lineup and coming off the bench that didn't see hardly any action last year, the better the chemistry is for Biggs and company. If they suffer a few bumps in the won-loss column over the holidays, still wouldn't be concerned because they will be right there in March, JMT's.

Pendleton Co. is a top 10 team, but I think if they continue to roll thru the holiday tournaments posting impressive wins, you will find them in the top five come the first of the year. The more big game experience that the kids they have in the starting lineup and coming off the bench that didn't see hardly any action last year, the better the chemistry is for Biggs and company. If they suffer a few bumps in the won-loss column over the holidays, still wouldn't be concerned because they will be right there in March, JMT's.

I agree with that statement PRESSROW.

My Top 10:

1) South Laurel

2) Scott County

3) Shelby County

4) Pendelton County

5) Henry Clay

6) Elizabethtown

7) John Hardin

8) Jeffersontown

9) PRP

10) Holmes

As for CovCath....maybe after January 25th (against Holmes). As for now I would put them somewhere from 13-16

Mine would look something like this, for what it is worth:

1. South Laurel

2. Elizabethtown

3. Scott Co.

4. Jeffersontown

5. Scott Co.

6. PRP

7. Shelby Co.

8. John Hardin

9. Doss

10. Pendleton Co.

Obviously from the list above, Scott County must be putting out some serious talent. How big is that school?

I'm not sure, but from what I recall, I think they are in the 1,200+ range. That may be 10-12, I can't recall if they have 9th grade there or not. Sorry cshs.

1200 kids and they've got the #3 and the #5 team in the state? That's strong. ;)