Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 teams in the Bluegrass State??

Featured Replies

I agree that CovCath isn't a top ten team yet, but at what point or what do they have to accomplish to get there?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that CovCath isn't a top ten team yet, but at what point or what do they have to accomplish to get there?

I think we'll know a lot more after their game at Elder on Friday and their game(s) at the 5/3rd Classic in Lexington.

  • Author

I like some of these polls thus far.

a little different than mine but still very solid. :thumb:

They have some big games approaching including the 5/3rd so we will see within the next 10 days are so if they are top 10.

There's a few teams I haven't seen yet, but of those I have seen, I would put all of the following in my top 10, and likely would have a hard time moving them out, regardless of what I might see in upcoming weeks:

 

Scott Co.

South Laurel

Henry Clay

Bryan Station

Pendleton Co.

There's a few teams I haven't seen yet, but of those I have seen, I would put all of the following in my top 10, and likely would have a hard time moving them out, regardless of what I might see in upcoming weeks:

 

Scott Co.

South Laurel

Henry Clay

Bryan Station

Pendleton Co.

I agree with that.

1.South Laurel(4-1)

Key win(s):@ North Laurel 65-47

2.John Hardin(6-0)

Key win(s):@ North Hardin 65-48,Doss 56-54,Warren Central 68-57

3.Covington Catholic(6-0)

Key win(s)@Dunbar 69-58,Lafayette 60-49

4.Jeffersontown(7-0)

Key win(s):@Male 64-63.

5.Elizabethtown(6-0)

Key win(s):@Fairdale 65-56,@North Hardin 85-42

6.Scott Co.(5-1)

Key win(s):@Ballard 69-64,Henry Clay 94-72,UHA 86-68,Holmes 77-69

7.Doss(6-1)

Key win(s):PRP 67-46,Manuel twice 67-43 & 90-87

8.PRP(7-1)

Key win(s):Shelby Co. 66-58

9.Shelby Co.(6-1)

Key win(s):Trinity twice 37-34 & 51-45,@Madision Central 55-63

10.Barren County(3-0)

Key win(s):Ohio County 62-56,@ AC-Scottsville 43-39.

 

John and E-Town will play tonight in the KOB championship the winner will in my opinion should be #2 and loser #3.

IMO, Pendleton County should be rated in the top 10. They are 5-1 with a loss to a Nationally ranked St. Louis Vashon team by 11. Keep in mind they have defeated a state ranked Homes team, a pretty good Dunbar team and last year's Florida 6A state champs Miami Senior.

 

Pendleton Co. is a top 10 team, but I think if they continue to roll thru the holiday tournaments posting impressive wins, you will find them in the top five come the first of the year. The more big game experience that the kids they have in the starting lineup and coming off the bench that didn't see hardly any action last year, the better the chemistry is for Biggs and company. If they suffer a few bumps in the won-loss column over the holidays, still wouldn't be concerned because they will be right there in March, JMT's.

Pendleton Co. is a top 10 team, but I think if they continue to roll thru the holiday tournaments posting impressive wins, you will find them in the top five come the first of the year. The more big game experience that the kids they have in the starting lineup and coming off the bench that didn't see hardly any action last year, the better the chemistry is for Biggs and company. If they suffer a few bumps in the won-loss column over the holidays, still wouldn't be concerned because they will be right there in March, JMT's.

 

 

I agree with that statement PRESSROW.

My Top 10:

1) South Laurel

2) Scott County

3) Shelby County

4) Pendelton County

5) Henry Clay

6) Elizabethtown

7) John Hardin

8) Jeffersontown

9) PRP

10) Holmes

 

As for CovCath....maybe after January 25th (against Holmes). As for now I would put them somewhere from 13-16

Mine would look something like this, for what it is worth:

 

1. South Laurel

2. Elizabethtown

3. Scott Co.

4. Jeffersontown

5. Scott Co.

6. PRP

7. Shelby Co.

8. John Hardin

9. Doss

10. Pendleton Co.

 

Obviously from the list above, Scott County must be putting out some serious talent. How big is that school?

Obviously from the list above, Scott County must be putting out some serious talent. How big is that school?

I'm not sure, but from what I recall, I think they are in the 1,200+ range. That may be 10-12, I can't recall if they have 9th grade there or not. Sorry cshs.

I'm not sure, but from what I recall, I think they are in the 1,200+ range. That may be 10-12, I can't recall if they have 9th grade there or not. Sorry cshs.

 

1200 kids and they've got the #3 and the #5 team in the state? That's strong. ;)

Jeez, a simple "I think you erred there hssb" would have sufficed. #5 on my list was supposed to be Henry Clay.

Jeez, a simple "I think you erred there hssb" would have sufficed.

 

But not nearly as entertaining. ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.