Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 teams in the Bluegrass State??

Featured Replies

But not nearly as entertaining. ;)

Figures Mr. B-T would chime in too.... :irked: :walk:

 

 

:D

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Pendleton is easily "Top 5" material in the state, easily.

 

Pendleton probably has one of the smartest, if not the smartest, true point guards (Mains) in the state. This coupled with their strong inside game (Beltcher & Elliot) get them the respect that I give them. However it is tough to say who is top 5 with it still being early, but I will say that I feel right saying that Pendleton is in my top 5.

(1) South Laurel

(2) E-Town

(3) Scott County

(4) J-Town

(5) CovCath

(1) South Laurel

(2) E-Town

(3) Scott County

(4) J-Town

(5) CovCath

 

 

No way CovCath is top five material in the state, just no way. I know that they beat some quality teams, but still, they have serious questions inside. I'd just like to see how they do against a team with a quality inside game such as Pendleton or even Bishop Brossart for that matter. Brossart's inside game killed CovCath last year, and this year they still have quality inside play. I guess this is just typical NKY people on here, Pendleton ranked 4th in the NKY, yet ranked 8th in the state.

Jeez, a simple "I think you erred there hssb" would have sufficed. #5 on my list was supposed to be Henry Clay.

 

Sufficed? Maybe.

 

My style? Probably not.

No way CovCath is top five material in the state, just no way. I know that they beat some quality teams, but still, they have serious questions inside. I'd just like to see how they do against a team with a quality inside game such as Pendleton or even Bishop Brossart for that matter. Brossart's inside game killed CovCath last year, and this year they still have quality inside play. I guess this is just typical NKY people on here, Pendleton ranked 4th in the NKY, yet ranked 8th in the state.

 

I agree that CCH should not be ranked in the top 10. However, I think we're starting to see that the inside game is not weak. Ask Wilkerson from Lafayette. They're not flashy. They simply rebound, score inside occasionally, and play ferocious D. I think CCH can live with that.

 

Are they as good as Pendleton? Probably not yet but it would be a heckuva matchup.

I agree that CCH should not be ranked in the top 10. However, I think we're starting to see that the inside game is not weak. Ask Wilkerson from Lafayette. They're not flashy. They simply rebound, score inside occasionally, and play ferocious D. I think CCH can live with that.

 

Are they as good as Pendleton? Probably not yet but it would be a heckuva matchup.

 

CovCath is a great basketball team. I guess my last post could be a little misleading on how I feel about CovCath however. I do think they are good, have a decent shot at winning the region, have to get through Cov. Holmes. I was just stating that I didn't think they were top 5 material. I will say that I see them as having that potential, but right now, they are around 15 to 20, JMO.

I guess this is just typical NKY people on here, Pendleton ranked 4th in the NKY, yet ranked 8th in the state.

Please note that almost every No. KY fan in this thread, and EVERY CovCath fan in this thread, agree wholeheartedly with you. I believe that EVERY CovCath fan in this thread said they aren't even Top 10 in the state. So I don't think its "just typical NKY people on here..."

No way CovCath is top five material in the state, just no way. I know that they beat some quality teams, but still, they have serious questions inside. I'd just like to see how they do against a team with a quality inside game such as Pendleton or even Bishop Brossart for that matter. Brossart's inside game killed CovCath last year, and this year they still have quality inside play. I guess this is just typical NKY people on here, Pendleton ranked 4th in the NKY, yet ranked 8th in the state.

 

Take out McDole and where did Brossart's inside game kill CovCath's? If i remember correctly, Brossart's vaunted JV team should have lost to CovCath's (check the tape) and that was with Brossart's current big guys not even playing against CovCath's current Varsity boys. By no means do I think that CovCath is number 5, but while their inside players aren't big time scorers, they get the job done and could more than hold their own against Brossart or Pendelton, IMO.

Holmes should eventually end up in the top 10 this year, but not yet. I'd say they've played too inconsistently with too much talent and medicore results to put them in the top 10 at this point. I'd rather see them get their act together before I rank them that high.

Brossart's vaunted JV team should have lost to CovCath's (check the tape) .

 

I'm trying to think of more useless discussions than debating who is better among JV teams. JV is about development (or should be) and less about winning. You let kids work on their games and concentrate on improvement first and foremost.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.