Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 22 Johnson Central 6

Featured Replies

It was sad to hear Coach Matney put so much of the blame on kicker, Trent Davis, who missed much of the game to participate in a soccer match.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was sad to hear Coach Matney put so much of the blame on kicker, Trent Davis, who missed much of the game to participate in a soccer match.

 

 

You have to be kidding? Do you have a quote?

Ashland dominated both sides of the ball. The kicker had as much to do with that loss as you did with the Reds losing season.

You have to be kidding? Do you have a quote?

Ashland dominated both sides of the ball. The kicker had as much to do with that loss as you did with the Reds losing season.

From the Ashland Daily Independent:

 

Johnson Central kicker Trent Davis, whose night began on a soccer field in London at 6 p.m., raced onto the field. His father flew him to the game and he attempted a 32-yard extra point that fell short.

 

Davis, who has a state-leading 51 goals, chose to attend the soccer game where the Golden Eagles fell 3-0 to South Laurel in the 16th Region semifinals.

 

Matney said not having Davis was another factor.

 

“Obviously playing three quarters without one of the best kickers in the state was huge,” he said.

What a sore loser. I have even less respect for Matney, if that is even possible. Unless he can kick 60 or 70 yards FG's, there was no need for him.

From the Ashland Daily Independent:

 

Johnson Central kicker Trent Davis, whose night began on a soccer field in London at 6 p.m., raced onto the field. His father flew him to the game and he attempted a 32-yard extra point that fell short.

 

Davis, who has a state-leading 51 goals, chose to attend the soccer game where the Golden Eagles fell 3-0 to South Laurel in the 16th Region semifinals.

 

Matney said not having Davis was another factor.

 

“Obviously playing three quarters without one of the best kickers in the state was huge,” he said.

 

So he would have to had to hit 6 field goals right? Am I missing something here? Wait, maybe some of Matney's record setting philosophy has rubbed off on this young man. He was the State's leading scorer so he thought that was more important to keep that going. Probably not though! I'm thinking Matney just needs to get a clue and stop laying blame. That's embarrassing!

 

Can't wait till second round. Hey TBird, you have that clip from 2 years ago?

From the Ashland Daily Independent:

 

Johnson Central kicker Trent Davis, whose night began on a soccer field in London at 6 p.m., raced onto the field. His father flew him to the game and he attempted a 32-yard extra point that fell short.

 

Davis, who has a state-leading 51 goals, chose to attend the soccer game where the Golden Eagles fell 3-0 to South Laurel in the 16th Region semifinals.

 

Matney said not having Davis was another factor.

 

“Obviously playing three quarters without one of the best kickers in the state was huge,” he said.

 

Unbelievable, this guy is a joke. Regardless of the situation, congratulations to Ashland on a big win.

Whew.....I had to go back and make sure I fixed my spelling. I would hate to make a hater mad that I didn't pay enough attention in High School. Also this morning I am practicing my copy & paste abilities....Lol!!!!

 

Hahaha now I get it.

It was sad to hear Coach Matney put so much of the blame on kicker, Trent Davis, who missed much of the game to participate in a soccer match.
This post is an absolute joke. You sir are a pot stirrer. Matney loves this kid and is doing everything he can to get him a scholorship. He is trying to give the kid praise and you spin it into something bad. From what I saw at the game if we would have had our kicker it would have been 22-10. Posters like yourself make me sick. I have great respect for your team, but believe me our fan base thinks just as little about you as you do our coach. I hope that makes you feel important.

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. How do you get that he is blaming the kicker?

So he would have to had to hit 6 field goals right? Am I missing something here? Wait, maybe some of Matney's record setting philosophy has rubbed off on this young man. He was the State's leading scorer so he thought that was more important to keep that going. Probably not though! I'm thinking Matney just needs to get a clue and stop laying blame. That's embarrassing!

 

Can't wait till second round. Hey TBird, you have that clip from 2 years ago?

 

I looked at his scoring record a couple of weeks ago when I heard he was leading the state with 50 at the time and found this:

 

I found that in two games he had scored 8 goals in each game (15-1 W and in a 9-0 W), in another game he had 6 goals scored (in 9-0 w) and in still another game he had 5 goals scored (in a 9-1 W). 8+8+6+5=27 goals and in games where your opponent scores a total of 2 goals?

 

Understand it is a huge deal at least in NKy when a player scores 3 goals in a game but to score 8 goals twice in complete blowouts?

To see more look at the KHSAA scoreboard.

 

Just seem totally strange to allow a player to score that many goals and yes they had to try and allow to him to score that many, as at most schools at least after 3 goals scored by a player in a blow out, you are out of the game!

I looked at his scoring record a couple of weeks ago when I heard he was leading the state with 50 at the time and found this:

 

I found that in two games he had scored 8 goals in each game (15-1 W and in a 9-0 W), in another game he had 6 goals scored (in 9-0 w) and in still another game he had 5 goals scored (in a 9-1 W). 8+8+6+5=27 goals and in games where your opponent scores a total of 2 goals?

 

Understand it is a huge deal at least in NKy when a player scores 3 goals in a game but to score 8 goals twice in complete blowouts?

To see more look at the KHSAA scoreboard.

 

Just seem totally strange to allow a player to score that many goals and yes they had to try and allow to him to score that many, as at most schools at least after 3 goals scored by a player in a blow out, you are out of the game!

 

Thanks TOG. Very telling!

I looked at his scoring record a couple of weeks ago when I heard he was leading the state with 50 at the time and found this:

 

I found that in two games he had scored 8 goals in each game (15-1 W and in a 9-0 W), in another game he had 6 goals scored (in 9-0 w) and in still another game he had 5 goals scored (in a 9-1 W). 8+8+6+5=27 goals and in games where your opponent scores a total of 2 goals?

 

Understand it is a huge deal at least in NKy when a player scores 3 goals in a game but to score 8 goals twice in complete blowouts?

To see more look at the KHSAA scoreboard.

 

Just seem totally strange to allow a player to score that many goals and yes they had to try and allow to him to score that many, as at most schools at least after 3 goals scored by a player in a blow out, you are out of the game!

 

15-1 is an insane soccer score. If one team is up ten goals at any time past half-time in soccer, the game ends, due to mercy rule. So that means it was 15-1 at halftime of this game. That's about the equivalent of 100-3 at halftime of a football game!

 

I agree with you, on the amount of goals scored in blowouts by this young man. Obviously, he can't check himself out of games, so it falls on the coach. That's how you get a star player hurt, and lose respect for an entire high school's athletic organization.

Congrats to Ashland. I am not suprised that Ashland won as much as I am suprised by the total domination.

What a sore loser. I have even less respect for Matney, if that is even possible. Unless he can kick 60 or 70 yards FG's, there was no need for him.
I agree, it is a shame that solid program like JCHS has a classless/ ego trip coach. Matney, from what all I have ever read is all about himself, not his players. As I said, ,it's just a shame bc his kids are very good football players. jmo

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.