October 17, 201114 yr I know, I hate that it is that way. Earlier this year I decided I have had enough and no matter what I won't give Mike any more of my money as far as tickets, food, and merchandise until something changes. I will still watch on TV and that is it. I'd love to go and support this team but I just won't do it. I couldn't agree more. I like many more that I know feel the same way and after many years of the same gave our tickets up. Like you I will watch because it is my favorite team but will not give Mike Brown a dime until change happens in the way the football side is run. The young kids on this team are playing very well and I am happy for them. Now if only Mikey would wake up and give into Palmer and get something in return for him. The Raiders may be willing to throw future # 1s their way and possibly players as well.
October 17, 201114 yr I hope all of you haters never come back. The game is much more enjoyable without you and the big crowds. No lines for anything. Lovin it! There were definetly people in the corners today, wasn't just between the 30's. Very good crowd of Bengal supporters. Coming from a guy that probably gets free tickets! There is a good reason why the stadium is half full. Enjoy the game and the empty stadium, (except when the yellow towels are everywhere).
October 17, 201114 yr I respectfully disagree with anyone that thinks the Bengals would be as good, much less better if Palmer were here. If you're comparing Pro-Day attributes, no question that Palmer is a better QB. Game day attributes, give me Dalton every time. Dalton has a presence, leadership and a can-do attitude that the whole team has been refreshed with. Palmer never, ever was engaged with his teammates or could inspire them when they needed it. Dalton makes very quick and generally good decisions that may offset any arm stength deficit; which is better than slow decisions and a laser arm (when Palmer was at his best, much less the most recent years). I am a long-time Palmer apologist that had generally blamed his shortcomings on his receiving corp, but I have been converted. He still has a way to go, but I like how quickly he picks up on things. With Gruden's guidance, Dalton has made game day adjustments that have been panning out. Eventually, he won't require two or three quarters before the adjustments are made. All of a sudden, the second half schedule doesn't look so daunting. While not taking up for Palmer as I think what he is doing is stupid but I think everyone seems to forget that Carson had to deal with the Bratkowski game plans that we all grew to hate toward the end. Owens and Johnson and their sideshow didn't make it any easier for him either.
October 17, 201114 yr There is no way the stadium was more than half full. CP should have asked Brown to trade him after this year and played with the young guys against this terrible schedule. Do all of his bashers forget that two years ago when they played a bad schedule they won the division? This team under Marvin has proven that they can beat a terrible schedule if they catch a few other breaks. If Oakland offers a 1st round pick or a 2nd that can move to a 1st and Brown doesn't trade him he is the worst owner in the history of Pro Sports. They went with a guy they really like in Dalton and he has been very good in leading his team to a 4-2 record and Oakland is dying for a QB. Now is the time. He already has that title imo.
October 17, 201114 yr I respectfully disagree with anyone that thinks the Bengals would be as good, much less better if Palmer were here. If you're comparing Pro-Day attributes, no question that Palmer is a better QB. Game day attributes, give me Dalton every time. Dalton has a presence, leadership and a can-do attitude that the whole team has been refreshed with. Palmer never, ever was engaged with his teammates or could inspire them when they needed it. Dalton makes very quick and generally good decisions that may offset any arm stength deficit; which is better than slow decisions and a laser arm (when Palmer was at his best, much less the most recent years). I am a long-time Palmer apologist that had generally blamed his shortcomings on his receiving corp, but I have been converted. He still has a way to go, but I like how quickly he picks up on things. With Gruden's guidance, Dalton has made game day adjustments that have been panning out. Eventually, he won't require two or three quarters before the adjustments are made. All of a sudden, the second half schedule doesn't look so daunting. While not taking up for Palmer as I think what he is doing is stupid but I think everyone seems to forget that Carson had to deal with the Bratkowski game plans that we all grew to hate toward the end. Owens and Johnson and their sideshow didn't make it any easier for him either. While most people think the only reason why I back Palmer is cause I have a man crush on him is not true. I back Palmer because I want the Bengals to have the best possibilty to win, and he gave them that despite playing in this poorly ran organization that people talk about. Has he been the same since his arm injury no, however he knew how to win in this division, which is key. Last year was more of the exception than the rule with him. While Dalton has done great, Palmer probably still would have given them their best chance to win this year. This team is a lot like the 2009 team. A team with a very good defense, and tries to rely on running the ball. Except this team has more weapons to even throw to. We seen what Palmer could do with the team when they play like that, he did it with less talent to throw to too. He also did it against the divsion. The last second comebacks we had this year, came against teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and Packers two years ago. Knowing how to win in the division is key, and Palmer did know that. We still don't know about Dalton yet with that. I hope he goes out and proves it against them too! However we have not played those teams yet, so right now I still believe with Palmer this team this year would be even better. We will never know though.. I will say this if Oakland is really interested, the Bengals should jump on that trade and trade Palmer.
October 17, 201114 yr How stupid do you think Carson feels right now? This has to really make him mad. Does anyone think the Bengals would be 4-2 with Carson? Nobody would have said this at the start of the season, but from what I've seen through 6 weeks, I'd take Andy Dalton over Carson Palmer right now. If I needed to win a game next week, I'd rather have Dalton.
October 17, 201114 yr Coming from a guy that probably gets free tickets! There is a good reason why the stadium is half full. Enjoy the game and the empty stadium, (except when the yellow towels are everywhere). Are you saying I am getting free tickets? I wish, but you would be very wrong and not even sure where you would come up with that one. It probably helps you justify why anyone would go to the games and actually pay. The attendance yesterday was 52,068 which puts the stadium at 79.5% of capacity. That would be quite a bit more than half. I always enjoy the game, lifelong fan here, not some fair weather band wagon fan who has selective rooting interest only when the team is successful. It's just nice to go and enjoy the games because the people that are there are ardent fans and it's enjoyable to talk to them. We all sit around at half time and sing kumbaya. I know the stadium will fill up again eventually, because this town is full of band wagon fans with zero loyalty. Until that happens, I will enjoy every game that I can. Looking forward to a road trip to Nashvegas to see the boys play. WHO DEY!!!
October 17, 201114 yr Coming from a guy that probably gets free tickets! There is a good reason why the stadium is half full. Enjoy the game and the empty stadium, (except when the yellow towels are everywhere). Well simple math tells us if it seats 65,000 and 40 thousand plus are there that is more than half. Simple math tells us if there is 50 thousand plus there that is also much more than half full. I been at all three home games so far, and yes the first two games there were a lot of empty seats. However yesterday's game did have alot more people in the seats than the first two. The lower bowl was packed, the upper level had much more people. The second level did have a lot of empty seats though. I don't know when they showed the view of the stadium on the tv replays, but maybe they showed it at a bad time. However yesterdays game did have a decent crowd there. So the attendance is starting to go up now with the Bengals winning. Also I have no problem with giving money to Mike Brown. I had a blast tailgating and going to all three games this year and supporting the young guys busting their butts this year. It does not matter what we do as fans, Mike Brown is not going to change his ways. He is more likely to move the team, than to change his ways. So I am not going to stop doing something I enjoy, just to try to make a point not to give him money. Which I think we will see a lot of people are that way, because if they keep this up we will see the attendance keep going up.
October 17, 201114 yr Does anyone think the Bengals would be 4-2 with Carson? Nobody would have said this at the start of the season, but from what I've seen through 6 weeks, I'd take Andy Dalton over Carson Palmer right now. If I needed to win a game next week, I'd rather have Dalton. Yes, I think they be even better than 4 and 2 with Carson. Which by the way I did say that before the season. While most people gave me crap on here, I said the Bengals have a good defense and have a lot of talent on offense. They also have an easy early season schedule, it would just depend on QB play. So I am one who did think this was possible. Also if your basing on how Palmer did last year, for not believing they would have done good under him this year. Then you would be wrong IMO. This team is a lot like the 2009 team. Has a very good defense, trying to establish the running game, and winning games late. The only difference is the 2009 team had less talent on offense to throw too. Also the 2009 team did it against the likes of the Steelers, Ravens, and Packers. Which division games are the most important thing to do, and Palmer did know how to do well against those teams. While what Dalton is doing is great, it is easy for people to forget that Palmer did the same thing in the same circumstances but against better teams. Not to mention the new OC is great too, with Brat we see 5 and 7 step drops still against the Colts which probably means sacks. With Gruden we saw 3 step drops all day long, which didn't allow the Colts pass rush to get to Dalton. There is more reason to believe that the Bengals would have at least done just as good if not better with Palmer, than there is to believe they wouldn't have done as well with Palmer.
October 17, 201114 yr Seriously FC, this Carson lovefest isn't healthy. He's gone, he's not coming back. Let him go.
October 17, 201114 yr Author Did Freeney play yesterday? Yes, Whit and Andre did an outstanding job. Neither him or Mathis even assisted on a tackle.
October 17, 201114 yr Yes, Whit and Andre did an outstanding job. Neither him or Mathis even assisted on a tackle. Wow, that's impressive.
October 17, 201114 yr It was pretty cool watching Peyton pretty much taking over the offense from the sidelines when the Colts were going no huddle and making their comeback. He was helping Painter big time with his reads and was 5 yards on the field at times yelling out instructions. The guy is amazing. I think he has a future in coaching if he so desires.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.