Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 27 Colts 17

Featured Replies

Seriously FC, this Carson lovefest isn't healthy. He's gone, he's not coming back. Let him go. :D

 

I actually have been trying to. I like Dalton, and I think he is going to be a good one. Now however other people keep bringing Palmer up. Saying stuff like if Palmer was here they would probably be 2 and 4. When they really have nothing to base it on. I am just pointing out that there is more reason to believe based on things in the past, and how this current team is set up. That this team would at least have the same record, and chance to possibly be better.

 

Othen than that I am ready to move on past the Palmer thing. I am happy with how Dalton is doing. I said before the season I thought the Bengals could get off to a good start if he did well. The real test will come when we start seeing Pittsburgh and the Ravens and how he will do against them. We knew Palmer could beat them especially the Ravens. My plan is not to bring him up anymore, and I hope Dalton keeps it up. The one good thing is we do have young talent, and this young talent has confidence. So even with the schedule getting tougher we have a shot!

  • Replies 84
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, Whit and Andre did an outstanding job. Neither him or Mathis even assisted on a tackle.

 

They did an amazing job. Which some credit also goes to Jay Gruden because he basically had Dalton doing three step drops all day to get rid of it quick. If Brat was still here, he would have been taken 5 to 7 step drops as usual and creating better chances to get sacked. I love what Dalton and Gruden are doing this year!

While not taking up for Palmer as I think what he is doing is stupid but I think everyone seems to forget that Carson had to deal with the Bratkowski game plans that we all grew to hate toward the end. Owens and Johnson and their sideshow didn't make it any easier for him either.

I agree 100%. When I mentioned his shortcomings as being the receiving corp, I meant to add "plus the OC".

My opinion is based regarding CP is based on watching a dispirited team without leadership. I am told by people close to the team, that CP had lost the faith and respect of his teammates. I watched a rookie, Jermaine Gresham, light up CP last year on the sidelines. A team can take on the same attitude and personality as their leadership, good or bad(Rogers, Brady, Manning, Farve, Brees, Rothlesberger). I got tired of seeing Palmer come off the field and virtually the only people he would talk to were Jordan Palmer, and the QB coach. He seemed to be completely disengaged with his teammates. He had played tentative and lacked confidence over the last few years. I like the intangibles that Dalton brings, that this

organization poorly needed. Palmer may work out great on a different team next year, but I'll take Dalton in stripes though.

Are you saying I am getting free tickets? I wish, but you would be very wrong and not even sure where you would come up with that one. It probably helps you justify why anyone would go to the games and actually pay. The attendance yesterday was 52,068 which puts the stadium at 79.5% of capacity. That would be quite a bit more than half. I always enjoy the game, lifelong fan here, not some fair weather band wagon fan who has selective rooting interest only when the team is successful. It's just nice to go and enjoy the games because the people that are there are ardent fans and it's enjoyable to talk to them. We all sit around at half time and sing kumbaya. I know the stadium will fill up again eventually, because this town is full of band wagon fans with zero loyalty. Until that happens, I will enjoy every game that I can. Looking forward to a road trip to Nashvegas to see the boys play. WHO DEY!!!

 

That wasn't the actual game attendance, that was the # of tickets sold not the number of fans in the stands.

This is the second time someone has said that. Who is bashing?

 

Banana slug and UK#1 fan in this one. Others in other discussions too.

That wasn't the actual game attendance, that was the # of tickets sold not the number of fans in the stands.

 

Exactly. There were a bunch of empty seats. The Club Level and the Suites were virtually empty.

Raiders don't have second-, third-, or fourth-round picks in 2012, I doubt they will give up their 1st round pick.

 

They're supposedly offering a 1st in 2012 and a pick that could be a 1st in 2013.

Well simple math tells us if it seats 65,000 and 40 thousand plus are there that is more than half. Simple math tells us if there is 50 thousand plus there that is also much more than half full. I been at all three home games so far, and yes the first two games there were a lot of empty seats. However yesterday's game did have alot more people in the seats than the first two. The lower bowl was packed, the upper level had much more people. The second level did have a lot of empty seats though. I don't know when they showed the view of the stadium on the tv replays, but maybe they showed it at a bad time. However yesterdays game did have a decent crowd there. So the attendance is starting to go up now with the Bengals winning.

 

Also I have no problem with giving money to Mike Brown. I had a blast tailgating and going to all three games this year and supporting the young guys busting their butts this year. It does not matter what we do as fans, Mike Brown is not going to change his ways. He is more likely to move the team, than to change his ways. So I am not going to stop doing something I enjoy, just to try to make a point not to give him money. Which I think we will see a lot of people are that way, because if they keep this up we will see the attendance keep going up.

 

When they announce attendance the numbers usually reflect tickets sold and not turnstile clicks. Go to a Red's game in late September and they will announce the attendance as 20,000 when there are clearly not that many people in the seats. There are a lot of people who did not want to give up their COAs and bought the tickets but either try to give them away, sell them or just eat them.

When they announce attendance the numbers usually reflect tickets sold and not turnstile clicks. Go to a Red's game in late September and they will announce the attendance as 20,000 when there are clearly not that many people in the seats. There are a lot of people who did not want to give up their COAs and bought the tickets but either try to give them away, sell them or just eat them.

 

As I said before I have been at all three home games. I don't know what view they showed when they showed it on tv, however there was a decent crowd there. Yes it was not a sell out, and however definitely much more than the first two games. Now the club, and suite level seats were basically empty still though. However the lower bowl was packed, and the upper level really did have a good amount. Especially compared to the weeks before.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.