Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is NKY Football Really That Good?

Featured Replies

Understood after a few subpar years (even though they have dominated Beechwood and are about even with NCC recently) but I thought this was about this year where CCH has shown they are probably a top 5 top team in the state overall, no worse than top 10. If we are talking this year they should be mentioned in the same breath as Highlands.

 

You must be very proud that your 4A CCH has barely gotten by 1A Beechwood and are even with NCC. Dominated Beechwood now that's a joke.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but it is all relative. Where else has good football outside of Louisville?

Can you say Bowling Green, John Hardin, Warren Central? Boyle County, Danville? :sssh:

Perhaps, but second best to a Highlands, the other two schools I mentioned have a better shot at state titles. Don't be so defensive of your program when someone is stating that they're a good team.

 

Misunderstood your point...my fault.

You must be very proud that your 4A CCH has barely gotten by 1A Beechwood and are even with NCC. Dominated Beechwood now that's a joke.

 

Won 7 out of last 8....I would say that's dominating. If your talking this year, yes they barely got by them by 2 TDs. The class thing is tiresome.

As a whole the talent level is way down in NKY this year.

Down year for much of NKY with the exception of Highlands, NCC and Beechwood. CCH has had a decent season and can compete, aside from that it seems as though NKY is lacking big offensive performers like they've had in the past few years; keep in mind when I say this I'm excluding the 3-4 teams that I mentioned above from lacking in big offensive weapons.

 

The biggest observation I take away from NKY football, and maybe this is true for the rest of the state, is the lack of consistency over 5 year periods for the schools not mentioned in the line bolded above. Many schools in this area seem to rise & fall so quickly depending on one or two great players who overshadow, or maybe hide is a better word, shortcomings within their programs during those up years. Reasonable, steady, sustainable growth is the key to building successful businesses and sports programs.

I agree, but it is all relative. Where else has good football outside of Louisville?

 

There is good football in Louisville?? We have to go out of state to find decent teams to play. Don't see much here to get excited about.

Bowling Green area, WKY area and Louisville all pack a punch and these areas, aside from Louisville, do it without district hopping. Schools in NKY are so close that players get to pick and choose easily. The private schools have been a huge draw as well, leaving little for others to work with.

NKY produces state championships but as a whole is it really that good?

 

The district matchups have been terrible. There does not appear to be very much depth.

 

Outside of a few games I find it somewhat boring and mediocre football.

 

Are they living off of the glory of about 2 or 3 teams?

 

Yes they are. 1 team. Put Highlands in the GCL and they would be a .500 team. I'm talking playing a GCL schedule every week, not the occasional matchup.

Yes they are. 1 team. Put Highlands in the GCL and they would be a .500 team. I'm talking playing a GCL schedule every week, not the occasional matchup.
Even if this is the case, why would Highlands be placed in a league (GCL-S) with schools that are 2-4 times larger than HHS and be expected to do very well on a consistent basis? I am not aware of any state in the US that does not divide up prep football based upon male enrollment size. So, why are you holding Highlands to a standard that does not exist anywhere in the country??

 

Just because Highlands, Beechwood and NewCath are not large schools does not mean they are not good in football. I think BW would do quite well matched up against similar-sized schools in OH, TN or any other state.

What does this have to do with the original question? We are talking Kentucky and the comparisons should be kept in KY. I wouldn't even consider the comparison of Southern Ohio GCL to KY 4A powerhouse Apple's and Oranges. It's more like Apples and Donkeys. Highlands is already playing up a class (maybe two), why compare them to one of Ohio's best conferences.

 

BTW... Not even the GCL programs play GCL teams "EVERY WEEK"

 

Yes they are. 1 team. Put Highlands in the GCL and they would be a .500 team. I'm talking playing a GCL schedule every week, not the occasional matchup.
Yes they are. 1 team. Put Highlands in the GCL and they would be a .500 team. I'm talking playing a GCL schedule every week, not the occasional matchup.

Your kidding , right ? :lol: :lol::lol:

So , you want Highlands to play the big schools in the GCL South that has 1200-1500 boys every week ? Even the GCL South teams don't play each other every week , so why would you expect Highlands to do it ? I'm wondering if you realize the enrollment numbers of Highlands , apparently not !!

 

Why wouldn't you want to see Highlands play schools with the same enrollment numbers ?

There is good football in Louisville?? We have to go out of state to find decent teams to play. Don't see much here to get excited about.

 

Well then all of Kentucky is bad at football. I commented that it was all relative... relative as within the state of Kentucky or starters.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.