Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is NKY Football Really That Good?

Featured Replies

NKY produces state championships but as a whole is it really that good?

 

The district matchups have been terrible. There does not appear to be very much depth.

 

Outside of a few games I find it somewhat boring and mediocre football.

 

Are they living off of the glory of about 2 or 3 teams?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKY produces state championships but as a whole is it really that good?

 

The district matchups have been terrible. There does not appear to be very much depth.

 

Outside of a few games I find it somewhat boring and mediocre football.

 

Are they living off of the glory of about 2 or 3 teams?

 

Down year for much of NKY with the exception of Highlands, NCC and Beechwood. CCH has had a decent season and can compete, aside from that it seems as though NKY is lacking big offensive performers like they've had in the past few years; keep in mind when I say this I'm excluding the 3-4 teams that I mentioned above from lacking in big offensive weapons.

It isn't with many teams in the area. On the other hand, I believe that Coach Lickert and his staff has made a big statement coming in to the NKY 6A district and winning it in their first season together. Everyone has been aware that the NKY 6A district wasn't going to be anything like it's been over the past few seasons and figured it was going to be unpredictable, but I don't know of anyone saying or thinking that the Camels would win it. I believe that Coach Lickert has found a place that he is going to be around with longer than with his last coaching positions, which if is the case, I believe they have a good future ahead.

It is with many teams in the area. On the other hand, I believe that Coach Lickert and his staff has made a big statement coming in to the NKY 6A district and winning it in their first season together. Everyone has been aware that the NKY 6A district wasn't going to be anything like it's been over the past few seasons and figured it was going to be unpredictable, but I don't know of anyone saying or thinking that the Camels would win it. I believe that Coach Lickert has found a place that he is going to be around with longer than with his last coaching positions, which if is the case, I believe they have a good future ahead.

 

True, I forgot that CC was under a new head coach; impressive.

It is definetly a down year in NKY.

It is definetly a down year in NKY.

 

I agree, but it is all relative. Where else has good football outside of Louisville?

Down year for much of NKY with the exception of Highlands, NCC and Beechwood. CCH has had a decent season and can compete, aside from

 

CCH has had a decent season and can compete?? When you say compete do you mean taking Highlands all the way to the last play and beating Beechwood, one of the 3 teams on your list that are having good years. They are the 2nd best team in NKY and probably 4A in the state.

CCH has had a decent season and can compete?? When you say compete do you mean taking Highlands all the way to the last play and beating Beechwood, one of the 3 teams on your list that are having good years. They are the 2nd best team in NKY and probably 4A in the state.

 

I think the point was there are a few good teams and many other teams are sub-par compared to their normal seasons.

CCH has had a decent season and can compete?? When you say compete do you mean taking Highlands all the way to the last play and beating Beechwood, one of the 3 teams on your list that are having good years. They are the 2nd best team in NKY and probably 4A in the state.

 

CCH is having a great year after some not so great years. Perhaps that is why they were not mentioned in the same breath as the other 3. Another year or two of consistency and CCH will roll off the tonguw with the others.

CCH is having a great year after some not so great years. Perhaps that is why they were not mentioned in the same breath as the other 3. Another year or two of consistency and CCH will roll off the tonguw with the others.

 

Understood after a few subpar years (even though they have dominated Beechwood and are about even with NCC recently) but I thought this was about this year where CCH has shown they are probably a top 5 top team in the state overall, no worse than top 10. If we are talking this year they should be mentioned in the same breath as Highlands.

NKY produces state championships but as a whole is it really that good?

 

The district matchups have been terrible. There does not appear to be very much depth.

 

Outside of a few games I find it somewhat boring and mediocre football.

 

Are they living off of the glory of about 2 or 3 teams?

 

Most of the blowouts we see taken place are given at the hands of Highlands, Beechwood, NCC, CovCath, etc. Which are all top football programs, and teams who are competiting for state titles every year. You can take those teams and put them in basically any district in the state almost, and you will see mostly blow outs. I think the true test will be to see how these teams do in the playoffs against other districts. Are they still getting blown out, or all they competiting well against the other districts best teams.

NKY may well produce three title winners this year. Considering that there are no 3A teams in NKY, even two champs says something about the quality of area teams. IMO, the 4A title will be decided between CovCath & Highlands, while the 2A title will come down to Covington Holy Cross & Newport Central Catholic. Beechwood will be in the finals also, and I wouldn't bet against them.

NKY may well produce three title winners this year. Considering that there are no 3A teams in NKY, even two champs says something about the quality of area teams. IMO, the 4A title will be decided between CovCath & Highlands, while the 2A title will come down to Covington Holy Cross & Newport Central Catholic. Beechwood will be in the finals also, and I wouldn't bet against them.

 

Beechwood has to get the monkey off their back first or should I say "Cardinal" by beating Mayfield, which I believe the chances are better than any this year. I think New Cath is clearly the team to beat in 2A; other than that, I believe other teams could go deeper than others are thinking. As far as 4A goes, I pretty well agree. If anyone else poses a challenge in 4A this year, I would say Lex Cath.

CCH has had a decent season and can compete?? When you say compete do you mean taking Highlands all the way to the last play and beating Beechwood, one of the 3 teams on your list that are having good years. They are the 2nd best team in NKY and probably 4A in the state.

 

Perhaps, but second best to a Highlands, the other two schools I mentioned have a better shot at state titles. Don't be so defensive of your program when someone is stating that they're a good team.

Understood after a few subpar years (even though they have dominated Beechwood and are about even with NCC recently) but I thought this was about this year where CCH has shown they are probably a top 5 top team in the state overall, no worse than top 10. If we are talking this year they should be mentioned in the same breath as Highlands.

 

If they play Highlands again and keep it within 10 pts then they can be given more love, not til then.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.