Johnson Central 2006

black wire

From what I witnessed from their underclassmen this year, the eagles will be a solid team in 2006. Just because you graduate a high profile player (ala blume) doesnt mean the cupboard will be bare...look at what russell did this year after their first year without Josh Gross.

Making predictions now, however, about posting single loss or an undefeated season would be.......whats the word?.....premature.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I witnessed from their underclassmen this year, the eagles will be a solid team in 2006. Just because you graduate a high profile player (ala blume) doesnt mean the cupboard will be bare...look at what russell did this year after their first year without Josh Gross.

Making predictions now, however, about posting single loss or an undefeated season would be.......whats the word?.....premature.

I agree it is premature to predict records just wondering who everyone thought would feel those crucial spots...

I agree! Making a prediction now is alot premature. Wait till after the spring game and see how well JK Ratliff take the pressure of the starting role. The potential is there to have a very good team, but we lost alot of leadership and that means an aweful lot.

The other running back with Blume last year was really impressive, Grimm maybe? He is very quick, knows how to follow his blockers and can make people miss.

Your correct his name is Shawn Grimm. He is a very solid back that is recieving looks from colleges as a sophomore. Had Ron Blume not had the great season he had last year then you would have heard alot more about this kid. He is very quick and what i like about him is the way he hits the hole at full speed and likes to run over and not around his defenders although he has the ability to make alot of ppl miss. He is just going to be a junior next season but should get alot more carries and exposure with the graduation of Blume. Which it never hurts to have a big fullback like Blake Johnson clearing out the hole for you either.

JC should be very solid next year! But I doubt they have a 10-0 or 9-1 record, even though it is too early to predict right now! Should be interesting to see how well they respond to the leadership role. Not much of a talent shortage though!

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to expect out of Ashland next year??

What role will Ian Welch play next year? Will Ian be expected to carry the ball a lot?

The primary ball carry next year will be Shawn Grim...plus JC could be passing alot more next year. JK Ratliff can really launch'em and he has a great target in Tommy Taylor.

JCHS will be a force next season! Yes, Blume will not be replaced but you can replace him with a number of different people. Grim, Johnson, and Welch will pick up the pace in a dominant offence. The O will not miss a beat and the D will be better than ever with all the talent coming back.

Watch out for the little Dillion who will be a freshman next season. He will have a huge impact on the team next season.

The way I see it, JCHS will play Ashland again for the DC at home in the NEST!

JCHS will be a force next season! Yes, Blume will not be replaced but you can replace him with a number of different people. Grim, Johnson, and Welch will pick up the pace in a dominant offence. The O will not miss a beat and the D will be better than ever with all the talent coming back.

Watch out for the little Dillion who will be a freshman next season. He will have a huge impact on the team next season.

The way I see it, JCHS will play Ashland again for the DC at home in the NEST!

:ylsuper: It's true

• 2 weeks later...

Someone at my workplace was telling me today that Coach Matney and Super. Trimble have fallen out over some crazy issues. If this is true how much longer will Coach Matney hang around J.C.? Anyone care to elaborate on this, that may know more than I do.

Someone at my workplace was telling me today that Coach Matney and Super. Trimble have fallen out over some crazy issues. If this is true how much longer will Coach Matney hang around J.C.? Anyone care to elaborate on this, that may know more than I do.
You have always professed to be the expert? When it comes to JC, I didn't think that anybody had more knowledge of what goes on than you do.