Johnson Central 2006

black wire

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC20, Ashland should be just as solid a ballclub as they were last year. They return a lot of players on defense including two all state players. If junior to be qb Darrell Mahan can step up and take the qb postion than they can leave wr Drew McDavid at wr, and they will still have Thomas and Davis in the backfield. Either way the tomcats should be a legitimate contendor for the district title next yr! :ylsuper: :jump:

I notice Central still has Paintsville on the schedule...so...

Someone tell me again why the Apple Bowl needed to be discontinued ???

:confused: :sssh:

Central being a "bigger" school and "upgrading" their schedule obviously had nothing to do with it seeing as how they still scheduled the Tigers.

I notice Central still has Paintsville on the schedule...so...

Someone tell me again why the Apple Bowl needed to be discontinued ???

:confused: :sssh:

Central being a "bigger" school and "upgrading" their schedule obviously had nothing to do with it seeing as how they still scheduled the Tigers.

DISCONTINUED...... :laugh: Biggest rival game in eastern KY. bigger school yes but still great game

Sorry Czar. My sources tell me today that Matney didn't support Trimble for superintendent and alot of Trimble supporters are down on Matney. This is bad news for JC.

I hate rumors! Just how credible are your sources? Matney has already lived up to his job at Central. There is no coach any better for the Eagles than Matney. I would really like to know what anyone would be down on Matney for........gee whiz....get a life!!! :rolleyes:

Any time you can hold a game and as many people attend as was at last years Apple Bowl, regardless of who wins, both schools take home a huge paycheck. I heard estimates that as many as 7000-8000 attended the game.

You are right about the numbers....awesome cowd. It would be nice for room sake if they would continue to have the Apple Bowl at Central.

You are right about the numbers....awesome cowd. It would be nice for room sake if they would continue to have the Apple Bowl at Central.

I agree! Paintsville's stadium holds no where near the crowd and as long as both teams are coming into the game as highly rated as each were this past year, your going to have the same thing. I've heard that regardless of the location each school splits the gate 50-50. If thats the case, I would rather split the gate from 8000 as apposed to 3000. It a bigger paycheck for each school!

But think about it......its probably never going to happen.

Someone at my workplace was telling me today that Coach Matney and Super. Trimble have fallen out over some crazy issues. If this is true how much longer will Coach Matney hang around J.C.? Anyone care to elaborate on this, that may know more than I do.

I highly doubt that any of that is true but if it were and Matney was to leave i will have to stop supporting JC. But like i said i doubt it and have to agree with "In the Loop".