Johnson Central 2006

black wire

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody needs to check their "sources." Johnson Central alumni, including those who vote for school board members, are very happy to have Jim Matney at Johnson Central. Steve Trimble worked hard to see that Matney was hired. There is no way that Matney is on any thin ice with Superintendent Trimble or his supporters.

There is no coach any better for the Eagles than Matney.

So the people are OK with one and done in the playoffs with arguably the best talent in the District? They should have won the District this year and they should be the favorite in that District again next year too. It's one of the biggest schools in 3A but can't even win the District or get out of the first round! If that happened on the hardwood there it would be all over! The double standard there wears me out! I hope Central gets things going there. I love Coach Burchett and Coach Reeves and would love to see things go good for them. Some people drink a little too much of the kool aide there though!

So the people are OK with one and done in the playoffs with arguably the best talent in the District? They should have won the District this year and they should be the favorite in that District again next year too. It's one of the biggest schools in 3A but can't even win the District or get out of the first round! If that happened on the hardwood there it would be all over! The double standard there wears me out! I hope Central gets things going there. I love Coach Burchett and Coach Reeves and would love to see things go good for them. Some people drink a little too much of the kool aide there though!
Will you ever tire of bashing the Johnson County administration? They made a great decision when they hired Coach Starnes, just as they made the right decision when they recruited Jim Matney for the head football job. Accept it and move on.

Will you ever tire of bashing the Johnson County administration? They made a great decision when they hired Coach Starnes, just as they made the right decision when they recruited Jim Matney for the head football job. Accept it and move on.

Who's they? The guy that got moved into the Superintendant job? :rolleyes: Show me one place in my last post where I didn't speak the truth please. I have a lot of friends and people I like at JC. The fact is that that program has underachieved for a LONG time. They have a ton of talent back so maybe they will get things going next year. I hope they do. It would be good for Eastern KY football. I think Matney did a great job at Sheldon Clark and I have a lot of respect for the assistants there but some of the fans wear me out about how full of it that they are. They talk out of both sides of their mouth and it gets old.

Who's they? The guy that got moved into the Superintendant job? :rolleyes: Show me one place in my last post where I didn't speak the truth please. I have a lot of friends and people I like at JC. The fact is that that program has underachieved for a LONG time. They have a ton of talent back so maybe they will get things going next year. I hope they do. It would be good for Eastern KY football. I think Matney did a great job at Sheldon Clark and I have a lot of respect for the assistants there but some of the fans wear me out about how full of it that they are. They talk out of both sides of their mouth and it gets old.

Sorry, I will not participate in turning this into another "Les was done wrong" threads. As you well know, it is much more difficult turning around a football program than a basketball program.

Paintsville will be lucky to win 10% of its games against JC as long as Matney is there. Size counts in football, much more than it does in basketball. The rebuilding of Johnson Central's football program is right on schedule.

Paintsville and other 1A teams in Johnson Central's district and region will continue to put competitive teams on the court in basketball, but they will not compete on any consistent basis with the Golden Eagles on the football field. That is how it should be, and as long as it is that way, Matney will have nothing to worry about.

Sorry, I will not participate in turning this into another "Les was done wrong" threads. As you well know, it is much more difficult turning around a football program than a basketball program.

Paintsville will be lucky to win 10% of its games against JC as long as Matney is there. Size counts in football, much more than it does in basketball. The rebuilding of Johnson Central's football program is right on schedule.

Paintsville and other 1A teams in Johnson Central's district and region will continue to put competitive teams on the court in basketball, but they will not compete on any consistent basis with the Golden Eagles on the football field. That is how it should be, and as long as it is that way, Matney will have nothing to worry about.

Nice job dodging my question. :thumb: I never mentioned Les but that's a good job of trying to get away from the question I asked. We both know that everything I said is true. Once again I ask you to show me one place where I didn't speak the truth in my first post!

Nice job dodging my question. :thumb: I never mentioned Les but that's a good job of trying to get away from the question I asked. We both know that everything I said is true. Once again I ask you to show me one place where I didn't speak the truth in my first post!
Everybody who knows anything about Johnson Central's athletic program knows what "double standard" you were referring to. Not all of us agree that there is a "double standard," but you have made it very, very, very clear on many occasions that you believe that Les Trimble got a raw deal. Many of us do not agree and get tired of your determination to bash the administration at every opportunity. You are entitled to your opinion, but this is a football thread in a Football forum, and your transparent references to Les' fate are out of place.

Stick, anyone who has read threads you post knows your a fan or something of Les Trimble. The fact is he didnt get it done. He had 2 teams that could have argueable won the region and didnt. Now as far as Jim Matney goes, JC did have good talent this year and didnt win the district, but dont forget the the game that cost them the district ended on a very agruable call. I think Matney has done a great job at JC, 7-3 his first season when the past 3 seasons JC had accumulated 5 wins TOTAL. Yes the talent has always been there and now we have a coach that can utilize it. Ross couldnt get it done and neither could Humphery so JC is more than happy with the progress of JC. Of course we would have liked to have won that first round game against Madison Southern but JC played its worst game that night (5 turnovers) and still had a chance to tie it at the end. If Matney doesnt get it done their will be, which i think that he will, their will be some fire on him to. Matney is the man for the job and it was time for a change in the basketball program and i think Coach Starnes is doing quite well.

I think Matney is a good Coach and a great hire for Central. I think Trimble was a good Coach and great hire for Central. I think Starnes is a good Coach an great hire for Central. I think Central is one of the most political schools in the state though.

I thought it was wrong that Trimble won 3 District Championships in 4 years and went to three Regional semi finals during that span then got his throat cut by his own school. Peole argued on here that his winning record, beating Paintsivlle, winning District Championships and going to Regional Semi Finals wasn't enough for him to keep his job because they were supposedly the most talented team in the Region (although Shelby Valley would have something to say about that). Then in the preseason all you see on here is how Johnson Central is going to be the top team in the District and probably the Region in football. They don't win a District Championship and get bounced the first round of the playoffs. The same people on here that knocked Trimble for his lack of Regional Championships praise Matney for getting bounced in the first round. He also didn't even win his District! My point is that it gets old watching some of the people on this site speak out of both sides of their mouth. It also gets old watching one of the biggest 3A schools in Eastern KY underachieve. A lot of it is because of the politics there. I think Matney was a great hire as was Starnes. I wish them both the best of luck and I think JC has the best basketball team in the Region this year and JC should be the District favorite again next year in football. That place could be a goldmine if there wasn't so much politics going on there. My problem isn't with the coaches there, it's with the people that ride the fence.

Not one place have I not spoke the truth. People might not like what I say but you can't say that I haven't spoken the truth!

I wish JC the best of luck and I hope the coaches in all sports get the support they deserve even when JC isn't going to Rupp or Louisville!

I think Matney is a good Coach and a great hire for Central. I think Trimble was a good Coach and great hire for Central. I think Starnes is a good Coach an great hire for Central. I think Central is one of the most political schools in the state though.

I thought it was wrong that Trimble won 3 District Championships in 4 years and went to three Regional semi finals during that span then got his throat cut by his own school. Peole argued on here that his winning record, beating Paintsivlle, winning District Championships and going to Regional Semi Finals wasn't enough for him to keep his job because they were supposedly the most talented team in the Region (although Shelby Valley would have something to say about that). Then in the preseason all you see on here is how Johnson Central is going to be the top team in the District and probably the Region in football. They don't win a District Championship and get bounced the first round of the playoffs. The same people on here that knocked Trimble for his lack of Regional Championships praise Matney for getting bounced in the first round. He also didn't even win his District! My point is that it gets old watching some of the people on this site speak out of both sides of their mouth. It also gets old watching one of the biggest 3A schools in Eastern KY underachieve. A lot of it is because of the politics there. I think Matney was a great hire as was Starnes. I wish them both the best of luck and I think JC has the best basketball team in the Region this year and JC should be the District favorite again next year in football. That place could be a goldmine if there wasn't so much politics going on there. My problem isn't with the coaches there, it's with the people that ride the fence.

Not one place have I not spoke the truth. People might not like what I say but you can't say that I haven't spoken the truth!

I wish JC the best of luck and I hope the coaches in all sports get the support they deserve even when JC isn't going to Rupp or Louisville!

Nobody has accused you of dishonesty, stick. Only of running an issue into the ground that was put to rest months ago and repeatedly raising the issue - even in football threads. At least try to limit your rants about Les Trimble's firing to the basketball forum. Please.

I've stated that I get tired of the people on here that speak out of both sides of their mouth and I've proven the fact that they do. If anybody has issues with it feel free to PM me as 99% of you know who I am anyways. I'm all for getting this back on track as for JC football next year. For what it's worth I think they have the #1 team in the District preseason again next year. I agree to move on unless called out again.

I've stated that I get tired of the people on here that speak out of both sides of their mouth and I've proven the fact that they do. If anybody has issues with it feel free to PM me as 99% of you know who I am anyways. I'm all for getting this back on track as for JC football next year. For what it's worth I think they have the #1 team in the District preseason again next year. I agree to move on unless called out again.
Thank you. :thumb: