Johnson Central 2006

black wire

I think Matney has done a wonderful job at JCHS thus far. I jsut wonder how many of his seniors this comming year will do most of their playing on the sidlines. It has been known to happen with Matney there. Well last year (2004) anyway.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I don't believe there is "bad blood" or ill feelings between Matney and Trimble. Trimble was very instrumental in getting Matney to JC. I know this first person. Trimble is pleased with the job Matney is doing with the football program.

Secondly, yes JC sports is "political". Most high schools are the same. If you deny that then I suggest you take a closer look at some of the schools you support. When you deal with high school sports you inevitable deal with parents who believe their children deserve more playing time than any other child. It's the nature of parents to think their children are better. Some of the parents do have "influence", thus putting the coaches and administration in a position none of them want to be in.

Was the Les Trimble firing "political"? Possibly, but not everyone who supports JC sports jumps on the "kool-aid" drinking bandwagon. So to call out the JC supporters and lump us all together is wrong.

No JC is not perfect in the way it deals with athletics, but no schools are. We can only continue to support our children and their coaches. To do otherwise would not help the progress of our children or the program. So,

can we just agree that most of the parties involved in the athletic programs at JC are there, because they care about our athletes and the progress of the school?

What do you mean?

I think Matney has done a wonderful job at JCHS thus far. I jsut wonder how many of his seniors this comming year will do most of their playing on the sidlines. It has been known to happen with Matney there. Well last year (2004) anyway.

What do you mean?

Just want to know if any of the seniors (2006-2007 season) will not get to start and will stand on the sideline most of the time. I don't think it is quite fair for the boys that will be there playing for JCHS for 4 years to stand on the sideline and freshman get starting positions. But it happens all the time just didn't know if this year would be the same.

First off, Coach Matney has done a wonderful job at JCHS. He was hired to win ft. ball games and he is 15-6 in his first two seasons. What more could anyone ask for after suffering three seasons winning only 6 or 7 games?

Second, this is not a basketball thread STICK! I will be one to admit that I would do anything for Les Trimble. He has always been the best to me. Matney and Trimble are not the same people. Les came into a program that was a gold mine and didn't get it done. Matney has came into a gold mine and done more than what many would have expected.

Last, the Golden Eagle ft. ball family is growing and will only continue to grow. Will they win the District next season? I hope so! They have the talent and coaching to do so if they continue to believe they are winners.

Stick you are a great person and this is nothing against you but move on! Bringing up coach Trimble as much as you do only brings up sour grapes. It is over and the Lords will has been done.

I visited Johnson Central yesterday for the McDonald’s Classic wrestling tournament. It was a nice tournament, btw – folks were friendly and hospitable. Matney was running the show – he didn’t look like a worried man to me.

He has really brought the wrestling team a long way this season. They are much better now than when I saw them at the beginning of the season.

I’m looking forward to the JC vs. Ashland match-up in late October. This rivalry wouldn’t be as much fun without him – “mud cleats” and “wide” field goals included. :D

I’m just an outsider looking in – but, IMHO he's a keeper.

I was just curious if Ron Blume had decided what he was going to do about football and college. I had heard a couple of different rumors and was just curious if anyone has any solid information about what he is going to do. He is a great athlete and person and just hope whatever he chooses works out for him and his family.

Ive heard rumors of Matney being hospitialized and having to undergo surgery...

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Will this in anyway affect Johnson Centrals football program in 2006?

I know Matney is a tough competitor, I saw him for years down here at Sheldon Clark and I know he will be up and about in no time if these rumors are true.

Ive heard rumors of Matney being hospitialized and having to undergo surgery...

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Will this in anyway affect Johnson Centrals football program in 2006?

I know Matney is a tough competitor, I saw him for years down here at Sheldon Clark and I know he will be up and about in no time if these rumors are true.

Coach Matney has some kidney stones.

Coach Matney has some kidney stones.

Allright, thanks for the info.

Will try to go see him in the hospital if I get the chance.

He was always a GREAT competitor.

I look forward to seeing him up and about again.