Campbell County vs Dixie Predictions

Who wins to improve to 2-0 in the district?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins to improve to 2-0 in the district?

• Campbell County Camels
    • Dixie Heights Colonels

As bad as Dixie has played this year, Campbell County is twice as bad...and that's being nice to the Camels! I'm gonna go with Dixie.

It may have a flavor of truth to it, but it's not being nice. I have to believe the Camels will continue to improve. I'm going with the Camels.

People will discount Dixie too much following the big defeat to Beechwood like they did Holy Cross after Beechwood

pummeled them. Don't let the Beechwood score skew your prediction. Injuries are hurting Dixie, and the loss of Justice on the defensive side is a blow to a defensively challenged team. However, I believe Bruns will be back this week and that will propel Dixie to a surprisingly easy win. I am going to say Dixie wins 35-14.

Camels D may surprise folks and hold Dixie to fewer points than expected. It appears to me that the D has improved considerably since the beginning of the season and I'd think will continue to improve barring injuries. For the Camels to win, D will have to play a great game and the O really needs to step up its productivity. Good luck to both teams, but I'm pulling for the Camels.

If Campbell has any speed on offense, then they can score on Dixie. Dixie's defensive unit is very slow.

Dixie's running game is hurting right now. I've heard Bruns won't be back until SK at the earliest. I apologize for not knowing names, but I would like to see #32 get some touches for Dixie. I thought he ran very well in the Highlands' game, but for some reason, I don't think he's touched the ball since. He can provide the tougher yards between the tackles, and he can stand up to the blitzing linebackers. I don't know if he's in the doghouse or hurt. #4 has filled in adequately, but he's a step to slow to get to the outside, and he's about 30 pounds to light to run between the tacklers. However, the kid runs his heart out when he has the ball as he doesn't back down, or slow down, when contact is coming.

Camels D may surprise folks and hold Dixie to fewer points than expected. It appears to me that the D has improved considerably since the beginning of the season and I'd think will continue to improve barring injuries. For the Camels to win, D will have to play a great game and the O really needs to step up its productivity. Good luck to both teams, but I'm pulling for the Camels.

I haven't seen them play this year, but a parent told me that they were suppose to make some considerable changes on both sides of the ball last week. I don't know if that occurred or not, but whatever they did, worked.

For the Camels to win they must keep the passing game of Dixie in check-Pike, Cohorn, Hatton. Dixie's line and running backs are still banged up. For the Colonels to win they must step up and stop any running game the Camels have. Dixie should do well against their passing game. Dixie seems to have trouble against the run. And tackling in general. Take Dixie 41-21.