LSU 40 Oregon 27

hrcarrier

I was certain LSU would win this one until Jefferson got suspended. Based on Jarrett Lee's past performance, I did not expect LSU to put up 40 points. The TO's killed Oregon, IMO. They gave LSU easy points that they may not have got had they been forced to drive the field...allowed LSU to get a lead and stick to grinding the football, thus taking the game out of Lee's hands and wore the Duck defense down. I did expect LSU's defense to be good and keep them in the game.

I don't think Oregon are/were pretenders. They just made some mistakes that you can't make against a very talented football team. I do think this loss eliminates them from title contention, and could be a big blow to Stanford's hopes as well. Oregon had to win this one. LSU could have climbed back up with their schedule. Oregon cannot.

I was certain LSU would win this one until Jefferson got suspended. Based on Jarrett Lee's past performance, I did not expect LSU to put up 40 points. The TO's killed Oregon, IMO. They gave LSU easy points that they may not have got had they been forced to drive the field...allowed LSU to get a lead and stick to grinding the football, thus taking the game out of Lee's hands and wore the Duck defense down. I did expect LSU's defense to be good and keep them in the game.

I don't think Oregon are/were pretenders. They just made some mistakes that you can't make against a very talented football team. I do think this loss eliminates them from title contention, and could be a big blow to Stanford's hopes as well. Oregon had to win this one. LSU could have climbed back up with their schedule. Oregon cannot.

LSU is the best team in the country IMO, though I didn't think they'd win without their starting QB Jefferson and WR Russell Shepherd. The defensive line is really, really good for the Bayou Bengals. I think Jefferson will come back and have a strong year. I think they will drop a game (Miles is always good for one mistake) but I think they win the SEC and the title.

I could see Oregon getting back into the race. OU will have to lose, FSU will lose somewhere, and they play Stanford. They could use a big season of out USC as well. They would then have to worry about Boise, which could lose a game in their new conference but will be favored in every game they play. I do think that going forward Oregon has got to get bigger along the offensive and defensive lines. Big athletic linemen are the key to the SEC's dominace over the last 6 years IMO. Oregon could not run the ball on LSU.

Sure they play some tough teams, but hey if you are this good, shouldn't matter. Bama plays some of the same teams.
Agreed. If you are the best you will beat the tough teams. LSU looked good last night but I don't think their offense will hold up over 11 more game. They were able to out talent OU but that won't be the case in the SEC. I will be surprised if LSU is there in the end.

Agreed. If you are the best you will beat the tough teams. LSU looked good last night but I don't think their offense will hold up over 11 more game. They were able to out talent OU but that won't be the case in the SEC. I will be surprised if LSU is there in the end.

1st game the offense is almost always going to look rough when you're playing a worthy opponent. I think they'll improve and may improve drastically if they get some of the suspended players back.