Who wins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may take a page out of my F.O.T. playbook:

The Cardinals are coming off a big victory at home over Cocoa High School from Cocoa, FL in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown. The paper was slightly off...it was only Colerain's 60th consecutive victory at home, not 63rd. :notworthy: Nonetheless, that streak will be put on the line Friday night as the Cards host the 2-0 Ryle Raiders.

Offensively, I'm not sure who to give the edge to. Ryle brings a man among boys in Travis Elliot. He is big, strong, fast and shifty. He is going to present a challenge to Colerain that they haven't seen in a while. I am comfortable that the new Colerain QB will learn the offense eventually. However, learning on the fly against a team as hungry as Ryle is a tough call for anyone.

Defensively, after an exhausting showing against Cocoa, I'm not sure how much the Colerain defense can get up for this incredibly quick turnaround. Sunday to Friday is a tall order. Thank goodness at it's at home.

In the end, we'll have to wait and see. I am hopeful Colerain's defense can slow down Big Travis Elliot enough to allow the Cardinal offense to stay in the game and with a little luck, I just hope we can keep it close.

-CardinalsFan

PS: F.O.T. = Fans of Trinity :sssh:

I thought Colerain looked great on defense against Cocoa. I just don't think Ryle has enough to go with Elliott to move the ball against Colerain. I say Ryle scores one touchdown max against Colerain's first team defense. So I am going to say a whole lot of points to 7 but I hope I am wrong.

Go Raiders!

This could be an old-school Boone County vs Elder from the Shaun Alexander days showing for Ryle. Elliot with 35 carries for 99 yards. If Ryle takes care of the football they will keep it closer than some think. I predict 21-7 Colerain. Would love to see Ryle play well.

This could be an old-school Boone County vs Elder from the Shaun Alexander days showing for Ryle. Elliot with 35 carries for 99 yards. If Ryle takes care of the football they will keep it closer than some think. I predict 21-7 Colerain. Would love to see Ryle play well.

Except, Alexander scored 2 TDs against Elder if I remember correctly, and won the game.

Then check my comment to Boone vs Trinity (instead of Colerain). Memory is not so foggy on title games.

Iknew what you meant, just giving you a hard time. The question now, according to Richard Skinner, is will he get more yards passing or running? Is Ryle running a little option when he plays QB?

Iknew what you meant, just giving you a hard time. The question now, according to Richard Skinner, is will he get more yards passing or running? Is Ryle running a little option when he plays QB?
Last Sat. in Lexington he lined up as much at QB as running back.

I watched the Colerain vs Cocoa game and the Cardinals D was outstanding. They are big and fly to the ball. Ryle is to one dimensional on offense. Ryle will struggle to score in this game. Travis is very good but the kid can't do everything..Colerain 31-7..