Dixie vs Highlands Predictions

Who wins?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be watching the 1st half closely in this one to see if 1. The birds defense shuts em' down 2. They can score more than Cov. Cath. did in the 1st half. I think this game will be close in the 1st half with Zeke passing easily against Highlands D. Seth may break one or two but he'll have a tough night running otherwise. I don't think the Birds will score as many as CCH. 42 at most in this one.

Well lets get this out now for all those people who keep calling and asking me if i really picked Dixie the answer is as a joke. I felt sorry for them. I then followed that up with a serious comment that HHS football team will score more points if they want to then the basketball team will against them this winter.

@Whackem i think you have been whacked one to many times with something. To say that Pike is going to throw the ball over is crazy talk. You play 4 qtrs of football and thats where HHS gets people late in the games when they are fresh and the other teams are wore down. If Spritzky plays Pike at safety again this week they will be in bigger trouble then they were against Cov Cath.

Sounds to me like UKfan1 could be you this week since he is out.

Edited by Birdsfan

I will be watching the 1st half closely in this one to see if 1. The birds defense shuts em' down 2. They can score more than Cov. Cath. did in the 1st half. I think this game will be close in the 1st half with Zeke passing easily against Highlands D. Seth may break one or two but he'll have a tough night running otherwise. I don't think the Birds will score as many as CCH. 42 at most in this one.

If Pike has some time to throw he can rack up some yards. Cohorn is the hardest reciever in Nky. to cover one on one. I'm assuming Hatton will be playing in this game also. For Dixie to be in this game in the second half, their line and defense must step it up. Cohorn should be at safety. Too smart of a football player and sees the field well. Bruns and Cohorn seem to be in really good shape, they don't seem to get worn down in the second half. Now, Pike at safety? Not a good idea. Dixie should have him up bull rushing up the middle or at one of the end positions. Way too physical of a player to not have in the game on defense. At least on third down plays, IMO.

If Pike has some time to throw he can rack up some yards. Cohorn is the hardest reciever in Nky. to cover one on one. I'm assuming Hatton will be playing in this game also. For Dixie to be in this game in the second half, their line and defense must step it up. Cohorn should be at safety. Too smart of a football player and sees the field well. Bruns and Cohorn seem to be in really good shape, they don't seem to get worn down in the second half. Now, Pike at safety? Not a good idea. Dixie should have him up bull rushing up the middle or at one of the end positions. Way too physical of a player to not have in the game on defense. At least on third down plays, IMO.

So do you think Pike bull rushing up the middle wll not wear him down as much as playing safety ? I would think that bull rushing would wear him down more quickly. A safety doen't have to make all the plays if he has any kind of defense in front of him at all . If Pike is playing safety then he would have to run and play D against a reciever that goes long on every play. Is Dixie really that short on talent that they have their D1 QB playing on defense ?

I agree Cohorn is a great reciever , but D1 Drake Bruns and Highlands defensive backs are pretty good also.

Should be fun watching the two D1 QB 's go at it , but Highlands will win with their depth and unmatched talent on both sides of the ball. I hope both teams come out of the game healthy. That's my 2 cents worth .