Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What stadiums would you not attend wearing your teams gear?

Featured Replies

People are crazy but I do appreciate that, for the most part, we can at least sit near each other. I watch these European soccer games where teams' fans sit in segregated sections of the stadium with the away fans surrounded by police... thank goodness we're not that far gone.

 

I've never been an away fan at a pro sports event, but I don't think I'd like it much considering the few times I've done it at college games.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Went to a Bengals game in Pittsburgh several years ago and found the nearby Steelers' fans none too polite.

 

Well Cincy fans are usually not polite me either when I'm wearing my black and gold in PB stadium. With that said, I have been to 20 plus games in Pittsburgh and I have only seen one game where there were problems. It was the Philly game when they had TO.

I've had peanuts launched my way during a Marlins/Reds game in GABP. But that one time was the exception. Normally the Reds fans are very gracious towards me. Though some of that can probably be attributed to apathy prior to last year.

Stupid is what it is when you have to worry about something like this. I have worn cardinal jersey to Chicago, Cincy, KC, Atlanta, and arizona and never had any problems.

 

I've always thought that a lot of fan issues are brought on yourself. When we were in New York last season I wore a Reds shirt to a Reds/Mets game. The Mets fans around us razzed us pretty good but I didn't take offense or get mad - I just joked back and forth with them. Nobody seemed to serious. But I do think they could have gotten really intense if I had taken offense.

 

That might not always been the case but I imagine most people have had similar instances.

On the other end of the spectrum is Ole Miss. I went down last year and the people could not have been friendlier to a guy wearing UK gear.

  • Author
Paul Brown Stadium / Pittsburgh week:scared:

 

Scary for who??? :lol:

Scary for who??? :lol:

 

Well. I sure don't have any Steelers garb

I've heard from a couple of guys the Buffalo is pretty bad.

I've heard from a couple of guys the Buffalo is pretty bad.

 

It is. They were beating each other up more than fans of other teams though. :lol: I saw at least 6 different fights when we went to Buffalo.

It is. They were beating each other up more than fans of other teams though. :lol: I saw at least 6 different fights when we went to Buffalo.

 

Yes, very true... I was there many years ago for Monday Night Football, Boomer was the QB... I saw a kid go into the restroom in a Boomer jersey and come back out with barely any jersey still on and bleeding. I saw about 5 fights... in one fight the person involved actually dug into a pocket full of change and whipped the change into the next section!! It was ugly...

It is. They were beating each other up more than fans of other teams though. :lol: I saw at least 6 different fights when we went to Buffalo.

 

Probably all that built up frustration from not being able to win the big one? And being locked indoors all winter. Actually, there isn’t much to be happy about in Buffalo now that I think about it, kind of like Cleveland.

Yes, very true... I was there many years ago for Monday Night Football, Boomer was the QB... I saw a kid go into the restroom in a Boomer jersey and come back out with barely any jersey still on and bleeding. I saw about 5 fights... in one fight the person involved actually dug into a pocket full of change and whipped the change into the next section!! It was ugly...

 

Idiots, let's beat someone uo for wearing a jersey

I got more grief about my Bulls gear from UC fans at Nippert, than I did my Bucs gear from the Bengal fans at PBS.

 

I'd never wear opposing team jerseys in Philly. For any sport.

Wore my Reds gear on the 6 train all the way up to the Bronx and to the game when the Reds were in town a few years back, nobody said anything to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.