Obama Announces Jobs Program

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, we should not allow those people who parents brought them over here when they were two and they went to school and and got a job and are paying social security to stay. You know one of the reasons social security is struggling is because our population is not growing. We need these workers and many of them did not "break the law" to get here.

yep, we should not allow those people who parents brought them over here when they were two and they went to school and and got a job and are paying social security to stay. You know one of the reasons social security is struggling is because our population is not growing. We need these workers and many of them did not "break the law" to get here.

Paying Social Security? Parents bringing them over when they are two? Come on out and visit me in Los Angeles. You have no depth of reality because you have never seen how bad the illegal problem is. A huge percentage of illegals are paid under the table. They work for lawn care companies, house sitting companies, baby sitting companies. some which do not require workers to show citizenship and if they do require it, it is made up or taken from someone else. That is called identity theft. Which is breaking the law.

Really? When did it start declining?

1990 - 2.48 billion

2000 - 2.81 billion

2010 - 3.08 billion

Bush lite? Bush did have TARP, which Obama supported, but he did not have a stimulus package, cash for clunkers, take over car companies and fire execs and dump dealerships. Bush did not support green jobs that are now going to China and a green program in Seattle to winterize homes that created 14 jobs and winterized 3 homes, on their $20,000,000 grant. Bush supported drilling for our own oil, Obama does not. Bush supports the 2nd Amendment, Obama does not. Bush lite, I think not.

There you go again, BBF. Bringing facts into a discussion with a liberal/Obamite.

Really? When did it start declining?

1990 - 2.48 billion

2000 - 2.81 billion

2010 - 3.08 billion

My apologies, I should have been sure to say to say that those paying into social security is growing at a much slower rate than those who are eligible to recieve it. Of that whapping .19 billion in 10 years, how many are immigrants, legal or illegal?

My apologies, I should have been sure to say to say that those paying into social security is growing at a much slower rate than those who are eligible to recieve it. Of that whapping .19 billion in 10 years, how many are immigrants, legal or illegal?
Sorry, screwed the numbers up. Should be 248, 281, and 308 million. That would put the growth at 27 million or 9 1/2% from 2000 - 2010. At what rate would you like the population to grow? I don't know the answer to how many are immigrants. I do agree with that those paying into SS is not growing as quickly as those collecting. Which is why is has to be overhauled or scrapped. I vote for scrapped.

So you want to give the shaft to all of those who have paid into it. The basic fact is that if the government were to pay back what it is borrowed the fund would be solvent for the next 73 years.
It's was a bad program from the start. Give me my money back and let me move on. Or keep what I've paid in and let me move on, either way I want out. If it's such a great program why do they have to force people to participate in it? Why not give everyone the option?

It's was a bad program from the start. Give me my money back and let me move on. Or keep what I've paid in and let me move on, either way I want out. If it's such a great program why do they have to force people to participate in it? Why not give everyone the option?

Because it only works when everyone contributes, and despite where it is right now, some of which is the result of borrowing money FROM it, it is still better than where most 401s are after this decade. Our country saw what happened when the market crashed in 1929 and how it hurt so many people and destroyed so many lives, and our grandparents and great grandparents said NEVER AGAIN.

Because it only works when everyone contributes, and despite where it is right now, some of which is the result of borrowing money FROM it, it is still better than where most 401s are after this decade. Our country saw what happened when the market crashed in 1929 and how it hurt so many people and destroyed so many lives, and our grandparents and great grandparents said NEVER AGAIN.

What do you base this on?

So you want to give the shaft to all of those who have paid into it. The basic fact is that if the government were to pay back what it is borrowed the fund would be solvent for the next 73 years.

Then help elect some people who will do that or come close to it, Tea Party types, the Dems will never do it.

Bush had proposed a possible solution, but the Dems went on their usual scare tirade and it failed. Keep in mind the reforms are for future retirees, not the current ones.

Not remotely close to accurate. Over the ast decade my 401K has still made a profit.

Bush lite? Bush did have TARP, which Obama supported, but he did not have a stimulus package, cash for clunkers, take over car companies and fire execs and dump dealerships. Bush did not support green jobs that are now going to China and a green program in Seattle to winterize homes that created 14 jobs and winterized 3 homes, on their $20,000,000 grant. Bush supported drilling for our own oil, Obama does not. Bush supports the 2nd Amendment, Obama does not. Bush lite, I think not.

There you go again, BBF. Bringing facts into a discussion with a liberal/Obamite.

Cash for clunkers which several of you right wingers took advantage of along with government intervention helped save an American auto manufacturer and untolled amount of jobs. So knock it all you want but tax payers came out ahead as well as the American workers on cash for clunkers and the GM deal. Bush didn't support anything Green but he had no trouble with jobs going to China. Drilling for oil in Alaska does nothing to reduce dependence on oil or the cost of gas and only harms the environment. Thank God for that difference. However Obama signed a bill with a provision to expand concealed carry rights and has proposed no legislation that would have any impact on 2nd amendment rights. So I'm still waiting for the facts from you wingnuts.

:thumb: