Obama Announces Jobs Program

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Obama administration cannot get its amnesty schemes through Congress, so now it has resorted to implementing its plans via executive fiat. There’s simply no other description for today’s announcement that the federal government will not pursue the deportation of individuals who are in the country illegally but meet certain criteria.

This plan amounts to backdoor amnesty for hundreds of thousands – if not millions – of illegal aliens. Especially disturbing is that it comes in the wake of the Obama administration sanctioning the sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels – even as border states such as Arizona come under threat from those same illicit organizations. With this announcement, the President is encouraging more illegal immigration at the exact moment we need federal focus on border security.

Just last month in speaking to the National Council of La Raza, President Obama rejected the idea of bypassing Congress and imposing immigration reform. He said, ‘Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own. And believe me, right now dealing with Congress, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting … But that's not how our system works. That’s not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written.

President Obama got it right last month and got it really wrong today.

St. Reagan granted amnesty.....:idunno:

That program was to be a one time effort. The promise then was that the feds would enforce the law and protect our borders.

One should get their history straight, instead of twisting it by trying to use Reagan as a front for a failed President.

That program was to be a one time effort. The promise then was that the feds would enforce the law and protect our borders.

One should get their history straight, instead of twisting it by trying to use Reagan as a front for a failed President.

So Reagan and Bush Sr broke promises too? Now you're talking crazy!

Funny how the Obamunists when backed into a corner always resort to the "your guy did it too" mantra. I thought one of the Messiah's campaign promises was to change the way politics operates? How about defending your guys actions?

I can't, I'm a little suprised you guys are so upset. Outside of a very watered down Health care reform he's been President Bush lite.

St. Reagan granted amnesty.....:idunno:

At least Reagan signed a bill passed by Congress. He did not just decree it. The action here goes against a failed bill.

This is similar to the action in Libya and the War Powers - no authorization from Congress.

This administration is doing what they said would do after the 2010 elections. They are ruling via king like decree and ignoring laws. That is the real issue.

Reagan and Congress agreed that it was to be a 1 time deal. Those who came after him have failed to make good on the enforcement. Which includes Republicans. That is why the Tea Party movement is looking for a true conservative, not a Rockerfeller RHINO type.

While is not possible to round up and send all illegals back to their home countries, let us do so with the ones who come before the courts.

Sending back as many as possible, may open up some jobs. And please, do not give me that Americans will do not do these jobs. There are a lot of construction jobs that would open up. Then for those who might be a little lazy, end the extended unemployment benefits and a bunch will go looking for a job. For some others stop their welfare benefits and there will go to work to support theirselves and their families. Which I hope they are willing and wanting to support their families. Spmetimes you have to give people a push to get them started.

Bush lite? Bush did have TARP, which Obama supported, but he did not have a stimulus package, cash for clunkers, take over car companies and fire execs and dump dealerships. Bush did not support green jobs that are now going to China and a green program in Seattle to winterize homes that created 14 jobs and winterized 3 homes, on their $20,000,000 grant. Bush supported drilling for our own oil, Obama does not. Bush supports the 2nd Amendment, Obama does not. Bush lite, I think not.