Is there a team from EKY that can legitimately contend for a state title?

spindoc

Harlan County in 5A probably has the best chance from EKY.

3A east half winner would have to go against either Central, Paducah Tman or Bell Co....so that doesn't look good for EKY in 3A...oops Bell Co which will be playing in the western half of the state, is about as far east as you can get, they have an outside shot but have a tough road to get there.

Belfry?

Ashland?

Johnson Central?

Fairview?

Raceland?

I'm sure I'm leaving several out, but really, is there one that can run the table in the playoffs?

At this point I'd say no. But the teams listed above and a few left off this list will have good seasons and compete with the best. Just don't know if any can get over that hump. You never know though. Always surprises each and every year. But you would think the cream of the crop this year will be once again Mayfield, Beechwood and a couple others. But with injuries and luck you never know.

I don't know what Pikeville or Hazard has but those are two teams that tradition is there and they usually are very good. I think that Raceland may have one of the best shots they have ever had in another couple of years, tons of talent but will be very young this season.

My first choice is Belfry. They are a young team with allot of talent. The next possibility is Johnson Central. I still believe if they could have scored one more touchdown against Highlands they would have won the championship last year? Just my opinion and highlands is still there this year. So if they earn another shot at Highlands then they have a chance at a title. I'm not saying they should be favored against Highlands I just think they have at least a shot.

I'd love to say Lawrence County, but they have to get past Belfry and I just don't know about that this year? If anyone in that district gets past Belfry then they have to be in the conversation at least.